Poor dry performance on splendide 2000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I installed a Splendide vented washer dryer on my N43 to replace an unvented model, and have been very happy with the difference. It is true that it takes about 2.5 hrs to wash and dry but you set and forget. I now find it annoying to have to move things from the washer to the dryer when I am using a household machine.
Best,
Maldwin

The key is, dont overload it. 2 bath towels, one hand towel.... dry for 2 hours, shake out the towels, hang them for a few minutes. Dry enough to hang on the towel racks to use again
Couple pair of short, 3 or 4 shirt, dry for 2 hours, hang them up for 30 mins, fold and put away.

My goodness, that is terrible! Two shorts and 4 tee shirts take 2 hours to “dry” but still need 1/2 hour on the line, wow! At $3 a gallon for diesel it costs $6+ to wash and dry less than one weeks laundry. I assume you would schedule washing for when you are running the generator for other reasons, but still.......

My goodness, that is terrible! Two shorts and 4 tee shirts take 2 hours to “dry” but still need 1/2 hour on the line, wow! At $3 a gallon for diesel it costs $6+ to wash and dry less than one weeks laundry. I assume you would schedule washing for when you are running the generator for other reasons, but still.......

Connivence or away from the dock until you run out of clean underwear :D

There is no lint trap. Clean the vent hose. If you can, remove it and rinse it out. A minimal accumulation can have a significant impact on drying. If the hose is the cheap mylar hose, or has any deformities, squashed, or has really sharp bends, anything you do to reduce the resistance to air flow in that vent will improve the drying. McMaster has a blue PVC vent hose that is good quality, not cheap, but it is crush resistant and smoother inside than "dryer vent hose". Check at the machine's vent connection if you can get access, there could be a lot of accumulation of lint. I use a 4" hose brush on a flexible spring cable, looks like a chimney sweep brush. Very effective.

I agree. Clean the vent line. Also look, if you can the outlet on the unit its self. The outlet is small and take a 90 degree turn before exiting the unit and sometimes lent will block it. I also turn the unit on and use a brush on the vent line.

I agree. Clean the vent line. Also look, if you can the outlet on the unit its self. The outlet is small and take a 90 degree turn before exiting the unit and sometimes lent will block it. I also turn the unit on and use a brush on the vent line.

2 45degrees at least a few inches apart will make the exhaust flow better.

Our Splendide has run a load a day for 10 years. But we almost never run the dry cycle. We hang clothes in our enclosed aft deck, or in the aft head with a dehumidifier. We cannot imagine living aboard without a washer!

According to Splendide: "Clean your drain/lint filter. Your drain/lint filter is located behind a small door in the lower-right, front corner of the machine. A clogged drain/lint filter can effect drying performance."

Splendide Combo Washer-Dryer Solution Center

My combo washer dryer (Splendide 2000) is literally taking forever to dry one large towel, already ran for 120 min last night and less than half dry (it is getting warm/hot). I can’t see a lint trap or anything to clear. Any thoughts?
Thanks
We have a vented Splendide. It was terrible at drying. Ours doesn't have a lint trap. After I removed the outside vent cover, which was hard work given the 4200 excesses, I discovered the vent was almost totally blocked by 1" of lint. After it's removsl, I could easily vacuum out the very short run to back of Splendide. Drying time no much improved. But it is a small, drum & vent running of 110v not 220 like home so expectations need to be adjusted also!

Just don't put anything through the drying cycle that you do not wish to wear wrinkled. Wrinkled does not bother me. SMILE

same problem - poss solution

had the same unit (vented) for a dozen years or so. used seldom. had an idea, never implemented; introduce an in-line fan (FanTech ??) into the exhaust duct with a sensor/relay that powers up the fan whenever the dryer is running, such sensors are offered with table saws to start vacuum sawdust removal.....
i'd go easy on the cfm of the fan - shouldn't take much.

keep in mind, just an idea - no guarantees..........

Love that idea, might do it while I clean the line.

Just installed vented Splendide 2100xc model. Wow works better than expected quiet fully satisfied. Bought online year ago about $900 delivered. No regrets at all.

We have a space built in for a washer/dryer by the builder but never installed. If we were ever to add one I would install a vent booster to the line to help the dryer. We added one to our condo dryer (long run) and it made a world of difference.

Products | www.fantech.net

If you can get to the outside vent, run your shop vac hose in as far as you can and suck it clean.

Based upon my many years experience with the vented and unvented Splendide washer/dryer units, if you don't mind wearing wrinkled clothes, they both do a pretty good job. I sort of doubt if any of the combinations do a better job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom