2003 Pacific Trawler 40 Swim Platform

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a_braley

Vessel Name
was - Luna Del Mar
Vessel Make
Farrier F-41
In the process of purchasing a 2003 PT40. Surveyed this past weekend found moisture in approximately 1/2 of the swim platform. There are no cracks I can see in the fiberglass but there are quite a few through bolts which is where the moisture probably got in. Surveyor thought that it may have come in from the underside as water splashed up under way.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? If so, how was it addressed.

Am planning on moving forward with purchase and negotiating a new price which accounts for cost of repairs to the swim platform.

I would remove it and turn it upside down. Cut out the glass and remove the wet core. Then replace th core and reglass the bottom. Fairly easy project since you don’t have to make the bottom pretty. I would remove all of the old core even if it wasn’t wet currently. Use some synthetic core so it doesn’t absorb water in the future.

Good idea to replace from the underside and not have to do a bunch of finish work.

I am 350 miles from the boat and wonder if someone would send me the approximate dimensions (WxLxThickness) of the swim platform on their PT 40. I am estimating what time might be required to repair or replace it. - thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom