34' Mainship Pilot 2002 for sale, Gold Looper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BB-marine

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
PORT-A-GEE
Vessel Make
Mainship 34 Pilot
We are putting our 34 Pilot up for sale. The boat had a complete refit and service before leaving on the Loop in August 2022.

The list of service items completed to the twin 4LHA STP 240 HP engine 850 hours in 2022 listed below.
*Heat exchangers, After cooler, oil cooler cleaned, inspection, resealed
*All raw water engine hoses replaced
*engine antifreeze drained, engines flushed and filled with recommended extended life antifreeze
*Turbos removed inspected, cleaned and new turbo to after cooler hose replaced
*Thermostats replaced
*belts replaced
* Groco raw water flush adapters installed
*Valve Lash checked and adjusted
* Oil drained sampled and full report, This was done every 150 hours since I have owned the boat. I use Blackstone and have all excellent reports
* ZF reverse gears oil changed This was done every 150 hours since I have owned the boat. I use Blackstone and have all excellent reports
* Raw water cooling impeller replacement, This was done 2022, 2023,2024 ( combined hours in this time frame 900 hours )
*Stainless exhaust risers installed
* 2 Group 34 maintenance free start batteries
*240 gallon aluminum fuel tank was drained, two 6"inspection openings made on the top of the tank, The tank was completely cleaned fuel was polished, new ball valves installed for bottom tank outlets. 1/4" aluminum inspection covers installed. One cover has a fuel tank bung welded to it for a dip stick to get an acute fuel level. the stick has measurements of 5 gallon increments.

List of running gear work done in 2022
* 1 1/2" shafts removed runout checks completed, polished
*Props scanned, balanced and brought back to original dimension
*Tide dripless seals replaced and new spare seals installed on shaft
* cutlass bearings replaced
* Engine alignments done after shafts installed
*Rudders dropped, rudder shafts checked for run out, polished, rudder box bushing inspected and new packing installed
* All anodes replaced with Aluminum ( This was done twice while on the Loop. Very good luck with aluminum anode use while in Salt water)
*Bow thruster gear Lube drained and replaced with synthetic gear lube. Prop removed and prop shaft greased with anti corrosive grease, Anode replaced with Aluminum ( this was replaced twice while on the Loop)

Electrical and electronics done in 2022
*2018 the previous owner installed New Sinrad auto pilot, 7" EVO NSS chart Plotter, 3D Sinrad Radar dome
*2022 I installed additional chart plotter 9" Sinrad EVO NSS chart plotter, Navionics charts, B&G VHF/AIS Radio
*(2) 12Volt helm fans,
* Glomex 10" DVB-T2 Digital TV antenna
*Victron battery monitor
*Victron 100V/50Amp Solar controller
*(3) 200 watt solar panels
*(4) Group 31 12V 105 AH East Penn flooded house batteries
*(1) 4D East Penn 12V 185AH Thruster battery ( This battery can be combined to house bank while at anchor and is charged by solar giving the house bank 605 AH capacity, 300AH usable. When engines are running the hoses combine switch is turned off and the Truster battery is charged by the Port engine using a newly installed Blue Sea ACR Isolator
*Blue Sea ACR
*3000 Watt Kisea pure wave inverter
* 26" LG smart TV
*All 12V / 120 volt electrical panel indicator lights replaced with LCD
*All interior lights and anchor lights changed to LCD
* Additional 12Volt receptacles installed in cabin and at helm

Hull work done
2019 Previous owner invested in a complete bottom job. The bottom was soda blasted, sanded, 3 coats of Interlux epoxy bearer coat applied, 2 coats of CSC Interlux bottom paint applied. ( This bottom job lasted 4 years and was still in ok condition after we finished the Loop. When the boat was lifted in 2023 October there was no growth on the bottom)
*2024 I had a complete bottom job done. the bottom paint was sanded to the barrier coat to eliminate paint build up and give a smooth surface finish, 3 coats of CSC interlux bottom paint applied. ( this should give a good bottom for 4 to 5 years)
2022 the complete boat hull, top sides, non skid, swim platform was compounded, polished, waxed and ceramic protection
*2024 the complete boat was compounded, polished, waxed, ceramic protection ( The boat looks like new bright white gelcoat)

Additional work done 2022
* New Lewmar windlass installed, new 50' stainless steel chain and 150' of 8 plait rode added
* New Microwave installed
*New Cuisinart Convection/toaster oven installed
* Fresh water wash down
*Cockpit shower
*Raw water wash down
* 2022 Added a fresh water tank 20 gallons, this is used for fresh water flush for the head. The Jabsco head is a macerating raw water flush head. Adding this tank allowed me to use fresh water flush without concerns of contaminating the fresh water house tank. It also added 20 gallons of fresh water capacity to 90 gallons.
* Weaver davit system installed, custom made 4" rise and 4"out davit made to keep the dingy high enough off the swim platform
* Outboard mount custom made and installed in the cockpit.
Other equipment

*Marine Air 16000 btu original ( works with no none issues)
*6 gallon hot water tank 120V New 2024
*Macerator pump and valve installed 2022
*Ice Maker ( portable style ice maker 120V is mounted in the pilot house cooler compartment) I installed a 120 Volt outlet. It kept us with ice during our Loop trip. We make ice while cruising with engines running or solar power during the day. it runs off the inverter or when plugged into shore power)

*1 1/4 Stainless steel tubing used for curtain rods and curtains made for complete fully enclosed pilot house. This is one of a few 34 Pilots made that has a fully enclosed pilot house with a bulkheaded aft with doors.

The 34' Pilot PORT-A-GEE is in excellent condition. It is ready for another Loop or just cruising out on the water. After completing the Loop in 2023 I had it hauled out and stored in heated storage. I spent last winter going through all the systems and doing all needed preventative maintenance making it ready for another flawless trip. We just completed a trip on the Great Lakes. Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, and North channel of Lake Huron (Canada) it was a 6 week trip 1050 miles. When I purchased The Pilot in 2021 the engines had 850 hours on them. The previous owner kept good maintenance records so I have all of them. I have all maintenance records since I have owned the boat. The engines now have 1700 hours on them I put 850 hours on the engines in 2 years. I have not put a wrench on them other than preventative maintenance. Most of the hours were run at 1600 rpm which makes about 8.2kt and 2.3 mpg. When the seas get disturbed the Pilot rides better at 16Kt 2600 rpm and burns about 1.4 mpg. If I bring the throttles up to 2800 rpm 18kts 1.25 mpg. This is the highest I run them. Once in a while I push the sticks down 3300 to 3400 depending on fuel and water. we were loaded heavy while cruising. 24kt WOT is what it will average. If interested email bkb_marine@msn.com. We are asking 140K. The boat is at Reef Point Marina, Racine Wisconsin and can be viewed there. We have the slip there until October and then the boat will be put into heated storage for the winter.
This is the Loop blog that my wife did. The link will show recent photos of the boat. The blog will tell the story of PORT-A-GEE the 34' Pilot that did the Loop and the crew members on board

Brian
PORT-A-GEE
Mainship 34 Pilot
Gold Looper

2002 34-Mainship Pilot Pics
https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2002-mainship-pilot-34-9496639/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom