38' Trawler weight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Firechief

I looking to find out if someone can tell me a good estimating weight of a 1982 Albin 38' trawler with a single engine diesel . I'm looking to truck it about 200 miles.
Thanks for any help
Tim

38' Helmsman single engine is about 30,000 lbs dry weight.

As you can see, it's hard to come up with an accurate weight on a boat.
My Builders Certificate says that our 43 with twin Ford Lehman 135 diesels weighs 60K#. I've been weighed several times in the slings and come in ~30K.
Problem with the scale you would use to weigh a boat is it isn't calibrated. That is lifting a weight that you already know the weight of and is certified to that wight. Most lift operators can tell if the lift will lift the boat by its length.
A company who would haul your boat would probably have a good idea of weight. They'd also know the best route to get the boat to where you are going based on its height, or air draft. Picking a reputable boat mover would be the best idea to get your boat to its destination in one piece.
Good luck.

Welcome aboard. I would guess in the 26 to 28K pound range.

My 1984 38' Bayliner with twin diesels lists the dry weight as 19,608 lbs. which, to me, feels about right. I wouldn't expect to see a lot of variation in pleasure boats of the same length, maybe 25%.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom