40' +/- trawler brand options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillippeterson

Hi, We hope you'll give some suggestions for new trawlers in the 40' range. Looking at Helmsman 43. What others should we learn about?

Thang Kew

Depends on your price range. Selene are very good i.e. the Selene Archer 42. Kadey Krogen are ocean capable yachts starting at 44'. The North Pacific yachts have also sold well in the PNW. They're in the price range of Helmsman. I also should mention Nordic Tug and American Tug yachts.

Depends on your price range. Selene are very good i.e. the Selene Archer 42. Kadey Krogen are ocean capable yachts starting at 44'. The North Pacific yachts have also sold well in the PNW. They're in the price range of Helmsman. I also should mention Nordic Tug and American Tug yachts.

Thank you. Exactly the response we are hoping for.

I am curious. Does anyone know what's going on with Selene? In a red hot order market they seem dormant. Lots of attractive designs on their website but zero buzz about them. Are they still active?

New or used or both?

What might you say about the subjective (or objective) quality of Kadey Krogen vs Selene? We imagine both are higher that Helmsman. That said, we'd like the best but realize some compromises must be made on our part when considering budget.

What might you say about the subjective (or objective) quality of Kadey Krogen vs Selene? We imagine both are higher that Helmsman. That said, we'd like the best but realize some compromises must be made on our part when considering budget.
You may want to narrow from a passage maker (Selene, Nordhaven, KK) versus an intercostal trawler. I am biased toward the North Pacific but everyone has an opinion. Just go through the process of how you will use your trawler, who will be on it 75% of the time, etc. As far as bells and whistles, those can be added to any custom built trawler. Some you need, some you really don’t.

Back
Top Bottom