AGGGG, need fuel help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deborah Ann

Vessel Name
Deborah Ann
Vessel Make
Thompson 34
Went for a short cruise with some friends today. Normal pre-flight sea valves open, oil checked, fuel bowls checked all is good. Cruised for about 5 hours total nothing unusual. Got to the dock and during securing boat noticed my starboard fuel filter bowl looked like it was an engine oil filter. No leaks, no smoke from exhaust. I have a single Perkins 4-154. I only send recirculated fuel to the starboard tank as some people suggested so if there was a contaminate it didn't destroy all the fuel.

Any ideas or someone who has experienced the same I need your advice .

Drain the bowl contents into a clear jar and see what it is. Make sure you have a few replacement elements handy.

Not as bad as envisioned. Drained fuel from bowl found that a hose is coming undone from inside. Material in bowl is rubber. Checked tank contents and shows clear and bright fuel in tank. Now its time to replace the lines, can't last forever. Was considering the worst, we had an lift pump fail on the sailboat once and was mixing engine oil into the fuel and recirculating this into the tank. That was only 25 gallons, this tank however is 85 gallons and a much different price. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom