Alaska port agreement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spotter

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Drifter
Vessel Make
30 glasply
CITY OF VALDEZ COVID-19
SPORT AND PERSONAL FISHING AGREEMENT
City of Valdez Health Mandate #001 does not exempt Sport and Personal Fishing as critical infrastructure. Each individual/party intending to engage in sport or personal use fishing within the City of Valdez (“City” or “Valdez”) or utilizing City facilities to reach fishing locations outside of the City (“Fisher”) shall complete this Agreement and receive Approval from Ports and Harbors Staff prior to engaging in fishing activities.
FISHER SHALL DETAIL FISHING PLANS INCLUDING IDENTIFYING FISHING AREAS, DURATION OF FISHING TRIP, DATE AND TIME OF PLANNED RETURN, AND PLANS FOR UTILIZING VALDEZ HARBOR FACILITIES FOR SPORT AND PERSONAL USE FISHING. FISHER SHALL VERIFY COMPLIANCE WITH ALL VALDEZ TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS AND STATE HEALTH MANDATE 012-INTRASTATE TRAVEL GUIDELINES LISTED BELOW:
1) Find the resource you intend to pursue as close to your home residence as possible (i.e. launch or drop your vessel at the closest harbor to your home residence).
2) Review and comply with local mandates in communities you plan to travel before your leave. FISHER MUST COMPLY WITH LOCAL MANDATES.
3) TOTALLY PROVISION YOUR TRIP FROM YOUR COMMUNITY OF ORIGIN. DON’T PLAN ON BUYING FOOD, DRINKS OR EVEN FUEL (IF POSSIBLE) AFTER YOU BEGIN YOUR TRIP AND UNTIL YOU RETURN HOME.
4) Practice social distancing while sport and personal use fishing with anyone not considered part of your immediate household, including while traveling from your community to your fishing location.
5) Wear face coverings as suggested in State of Alaska Health Mandate 010 issued April 3, 2020.
6) Fisher shall not use City fish processing and photograph stations.
7) No Fisher may shelter or lodge in Valdez or the Valdez Harbor.
8) Sport or Personal Fishers must drop boat or launch boat in an expedited manner upon arriving
in Valdez and depart the Valdez Harbor as soon as practicable.
9) If you should re-enter Valdez Harbor after completing fishing, Sport and Personal Fishers shall
leave Valdez immediately
All Sport and Personal Use fishing activity in Valdez is required to follow the guidelines set forth above. Failure to comply with the terms set forth herein shall result in imposition of the local 14 Day Self- quarantine requirement.
Covid 19 Sport and Personal Fishing Agreement 1 of 3

CITY OF VALDEZ
300 North Harbor Dr.
PO BOX 275, Valdez AK 99686
WWW.VALDEZAK.GOV
Office: 907-835-4981 Fax: 907-835-2958
COVID-19 SPORT AND PERSONAL USE FISHING AGREEMENT
Customer Information:
Vessel Owner/Primary Fisher (Last, First, M):
Driver’s License #:
State Issued:
Street Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Mailing Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Cell Phone:
Email:
Emergency Contact:
Emergency Contact Phone:
Vessel Name:
Make/Model:
Documentation #:
ADF&G #:
AK Reg. #:
Vehicle Make/Model: Vehicle Plate: Trailer Make/Plate:
Other Party Member Information (If more than 4 identify with attachment):
Member 1 (Last, First, M):
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email Address:
Phone #:
Member 2 Name (Last, First, M):
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email Address:
Phone #:
Member 3 Name (Last, First, M):
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email Address:
Phone #:
Member 4 Name (Last, First, M):
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email Address:
Phone #:
Covid 19 Sport and Personal Fishing Agreement 2 of 3

PROVIDE EXPLANATION OF PLANNED ACTIVITY AND REASON FOR USING VALDEZ HARBOR (ATTACH ADDITIONAL SHEETS AS NEEDED):
Arrival Date: _________________________________________________
Arriving From: ________________________________________________
Number in Party: ______________________________________________
Departure Date: ______________________________________________
Slip Number? _________________________________________________
Planned use of Ramp or Lift? ____________________________________
Fishing Area: __________________________________________________
Camping location? _____________________________________________
Sleeping aboard vessel? _________________________________________
Additional information regarding plan:
_____________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________
THE FOLLOWING SIGNATIORIES HEREBY AGREE THAT THEY HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND SHALL ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND STATE AND LOCAL EMERGENCY HEALTH MANDATES:
Name: __________________________ Signature: _______________________ Date: ___________________________
Name: __________________________ Signature: _______________________ Date: ___________________________
Covid 19 Sport and Personal Fishing Agreement 3 of 3

3) TOTALLY PROVISION YOUR TRIP FROM YOUR COMMUNITY OF ORIGIN. DON’T PLAN ON BUYING FOOD, DRINKS OR EVEN FUEL (IF POSSIBLE) AFTER YOU BEGIN YOUR TRIP AND UNTIL YOU RETURN HOME.

Point #3 is good and can remove some of the potential issues with recreational day boating. I wish that guideline were in place where I am.

(I am near a "skiboat" type lake and it's a huge problem. People roll in from neighboring states to launch, then while here stop for gas, stop to buy ice, buy food, buy liquor (but think it's cool because they are "distancing" out on the lake. Normally the money flowing in is great but right now it carries an extra burden.)

Be interesting on how this would hold up in court. They need to look at Article VIII of the Alaska Constitution.

My boat is on the hard there and to date the harbormaster office is closed to the public. No lift operators to put boat in.

I sure hope this doesn't catch on in other cities. When was Alaska given back to the Russians?

Remember Washington state is closed to recreational fishing right now.

That is pretty mild by comparison.

Enjoy the ocean, but do not mix with the locals. Remember there are Zero cases of Covid in Valdez, and Fairbanks is their primary “out of town” source of boaters.

Be interesting on how this would hold up in court. They need to look at Article VIII of the Alaska Constitution.

Doesn't apply to me (not from there), but I wouldn't want to "fund" a court case (either with my time or money). Seems simpler to temporarily refrain from fishing??
These seem like extraordinary times (situations) that may require a bit of "finessing" to navigate through, and the laws may not have been written with this even contemplated, so I wonder if judges would give Governments a bit of leeway (or not)?

Can't blame the Alaska locals for these policies. Valdez is just trying to remain uninfected.

Enjoy the ocean, but do not mix with the locals. Remember there are Zero cases of Covid in Valdez, and Fairbanks is their primary “out of town” source of boaters.

I think Fairbanks had some with a fire house...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom