Anchor Wash Faucet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GBNI

Veteran Member
Has any one retro fitted an anchor wash faucet on a 42 MY? I am thinking of adding this and wondering where best to take the water supply from.

Has any one retro fitted an anchor wash faucet on a 42 MY? I am thinking of adding this and wondering where best to take the water supply from.

Our 36 has a thru hull for the wash down next to the thru hull for the forward head / toilet. (You could probably tee in there?) Hose runs forward under the v birth bunk and up through the anchor locker to a spigot on deck. The pump is under the v birth. The pump location concerns me as I think it might be below the water line. (Haven’t confirmed this) I keep the seacock closed unless needed.

If I had a water maker I might use fresh water. Probably better for the chain.

Thanks for this, I would prefer fresh water and do not want to have another thru hull. I wonder if teeing off would have any negative effects on the toilet flush.

Thanks for this, I would prefer fresh water and do not want to have another thru hull. I wonder if teeing off would have any negative effects on the toilet flush.

Maybe if you were to be using both at the same time, but I suspect not an issue. I use saltwater for mine and it's pump is via a tee from of my ac input water, after the strainer.

My GB 36 has a salt water washdown pump with the faucet on the port side right under the flybridge stairs. Not the most ideal location, but that's what I inherited. I run a flexible hose up to the bow when I need to wash down the anchor chain.

Down in the engine room, there is a T branch off the salt water intake to the A/C system. That intake comes from a dedicated sea strainer for the A/C system.

My raw water washdown shares a thruhull with the forward head. Not sure I've ever tried flushing while washing the anchor chain, but otherwise no issues with that setup. Both are diaphragm pumps, so neither system will suck air backwards through the other.

My GB46 has both fresh and salt water wash downs. Freshwater plumbs from t-connection under fwd head sink while saltwater is from thruhull under fwd cabin. Next time I’m on the boat, I’ll get a picture of the waterline runs documentation.

FW Plumbing layout on GB46

GB46 FW Plumbing.jpg

here's the water runs on my GB46 - you will probably need to zoom in to see the details. It is interesting to note that I have gate valve type shutoffs for both heads, but no way to isolate the FW anchor washdown, nor H/C FW Cockpit shower, which I'm concerned about from a winterization perspective, as I will use the boat throughout the winter, but it will likely be subjected to freezing temps and these areas aren't easily heated.

Thanks for this.
Interestingly my plumbing diagram also shows a forward deck faucet but it does not exist. I will investigate making a tee from fwd heads.

Back
Top Bottom