Beneteau power boat owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Easternshore

Vessel Name
Pearl
Vessel Make
Beneteau Flyer 12
We own a 2008 Beneteau Flyer 12 cruiser (Pearl) she was manufactured in France and brought over to the US by a PO. We’re looking to chat with any Beneteau power boat owners on TF. While we are pleased with Pearl we have a few questions about systems which Beneteau France can’t answer, they refer me to a local Beneteau dealer who only wants to sell us a new boat.

Naturally being a French boat built in France all documentation was in French and there is no mention of this system, nor other systems such as an “oxygenator” which I’m told will provide oxygen to a bait tank to keep the bait alive but naturally there is no bait tank nor any mention of one in the literature. I usually email France and wait for their reply.

The current system in question is a grey water holding tank system which receives water from the sinks, showers, and somewhere else to be determined; it looks like some type of a small sump from the forward bilge.

The system supposedly will drain the tank when powering on the 12 v system, it also has an internal float switch which should drain the tank. It stopped emptying the tank, I replaced the float switch and Scheiber circuit board, there is power at the board but can’t get the pump to pump out the grey water tank. The pump does work, a Whale gusher. Hopefully there are other lucky Beneteau power boat owners on TF with a similar system who may be able shed some light on the system’s operation.

Cheers to all, Ed

Back
Top Bottom