Chrome Plated Brass Wash Down Spigot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougcole

Guru
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
'05 Mainship 40T
Hi All,

In the process of installing a raw water (Salt) wash down pump. I found a couple of spigots that are listed as chrome over brass that are much more economical than the $100+ stainless spigots.

Do you think these would hold up for a salt water wash down?

Thanks,

Doug

Used one for these for 20 years.

Used one for these for 20 years.
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at that one and I like that it mounts flush, but I'd like to have control of the water flow at the tap rather than just relying on the hose end sprayer.

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at that one and I like that it mounts flush, but I'd like to have control of the water flow at the tap rather than just relying on the hose end sprayer.
This one has the valve on it. I'm sure you could order the part with the valve on it for your wash down, I'm assuming this one has the check valve going in the opposite direction being a city water hook up.

Last edited:
Hi All,

In the process of installing a raw water (Salt) wash down pump. I found a couple of spigots that are listed as chrome over brass that are much more economical than the $100+ stainless spigots.

Do you think these would hold up for a salt water wash down?

Thanks,

Doug
Would the inside have chrome over the brass, or the brass be exposed to the salt water? Probably still last years.

All I know is that we have a very common Scandvik wash-down nozzle on the swimstep (not the same model as the OP). The first nozzle lasted nearly 30 years on the boat until the plastic handle cracked and developed a leak. Scandvik still makes exactly the same nozzle thirty years later, for less than a million bucks, and it was a 60-second replacement. After spending hours going down rabbit holes searching for replacement parts, I'll give Scandvik my business. (Right now I'm looking for recessed 12v lights for the salon that take G4 bulbs. Hela made ours originally but stopped making them in 2021 and we can no longer get replacement trim rings or lenses. Already replaced the halogen bulbs with LED G4's, but that doesn't solve my trim ring and lens problem. And I don't want to do integrated LED's, I want changeable bulbs, because in my experience LED's do not last 10,000 years as promised and gradually degrade (lose lumens).) Okay, end of rant on constantly chasing replacements.)

Last edited:
Scandvik sells very high quality products. I had a faucet just like that on Possum but it was a freshwater outlet.

Back
Top Bottom