Fix or replace Perko interior door handle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mashallah

Vessel Name
Māshallah
Vessel Make
FHB Ed Monk 42 Sundeck
Hi There

I see a couple of threads re Perko mortise door sets but my issues are with the interior rim latch sets (photo attached, complete with exhorbitant replacement price).

All of them on our twenty year old FHB have basically given up. Floppy handles which don’t work. We felt it was the cam, I’m guessing that’s the central bar? ( I failed to get confirmation on that fact lol)That is worn? So have tried shimming those with a little metal shim material. Slight improvement but not really functional still.

Replacement cost is just nuts. I haven’t been able to source any other door set that has the surface fitting not requiring extra fitting or adjustment to the door frame which is probably beyond my newbie carpentry skills. Household ones are all too big in the handle.

Considered if I can remedy the sloppy non working handle and possibly get the door set replated. Thinking that might be cheaper than new.

Any thoughts?

Regards Clare in New Zealand

Attachments

• 424C14BD-AF96-484B-A988-B45F513B526C.jpg
    424C14BD-AF96-484B-A988-B45F513B526C.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 49
Thanks Greg.
That solves that lol, I never use eBay so didn’t even think to look there. Simple!

I bounce around normally amazon, ebay , and a bunch of boat sites. Once i have the part num of what i want I just search it. Its amazing the cost differences for the same parts.

Those latches are junk. I replaced several in my Albin. But changing them would require lots of work so we're left without much choice.
Might be worth trying to get a new cam made from a machine shop.

Perko sells repair kits for those. Mine are a little different than yours, but I remember seeing the kits for those when I was searching for mine.
Google search for Perko bevel kit and you should be able to find what you need.
Mine was part number 0984000chr for the 928 latch set.

Back
Top Bottom