Floscan issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larman

Vessel Name
Livin The Dream
Vessel Make
Sea Ray
So stupid me tried to start my boat with the battery switches off and when it didn’t start I thought I had a dead battery so I hit the emergency start button where combines two batteries to start the engine and I did something to the floscan gauge. This is of course my RPM gauge as well as engine hours. Is there a fuse or something that I can change to maybe get this thing to come back online?

I don’t recall any fuses when I had one. Maybe do a complete power down and reset everything and see what happens. Do you get any indication that the floscan is getting power, lights or gauge swing?

Nothing on the display. I will pull the gauge of and see if there is anything out of the ordinary. I heard there might be an in-line fuse somewhere.

If installed by the directions there should be a 1 amp fuse on the red lead.

Yes, there should be a fuse but what I was thinking was that it probably won’t blow in this circumstance but rather the Floscan is maybe hung up so I would try a reset by powering it down and then back up. If not then check fuses and power being present at the instrument.

I once had a problem with my Floscan. The flow sensor had been damaged by a power surge. I called to order a replacement and they suggested I connect a wire from the sensor housing to ground. Damned if it didn’t work.

I once had a problem with my Floscan. The flow sensor had been damaged by a power surge. I called to order a replacement and they suggested I connect a wire from the sensor housing to ground. Damned if it didn’t work.

Certainly worth a try.

OK I made it down to the boat pulled off the panel to get to the gauges I don’t see any fuses whatsoever. I followed the red wire and it connects to a power buss with no fuse. Is there anything else I can try?

Where is the sensor? Do you mean the gauge?

So I have twin engines, my port floscan is working I disconnected the port floscan harness and connected it with to the starboard floscan gauge to see if it will work and it did not work?

OK I made it down to the boat pulled off the panel to get to the gauges I don’t see any fuses whatsoever. I followed the red wire and it connects to a power buss with no fuse. Is there anything else I can try?

Did you disconnect the red wire to power the gauge down, wait for a minute then reconnect? How about the suggestion on post 6?

I did disconnect the wire for the starboard engine no change. Not sure what he is referring to in post 6?

So I found the fuse it was behind the starboard ignition switch. Any took fuse out and it was good. When I reinstalled the gauge started working? Maybe removing the fuse reset something?

Where is the sensor? Do you mean the gauge?

There are two flow sensors on most diesel setups. They are mounted in the fuel line and return line. I mounted mine just after the first fuel filter and one in the return line. These supply the flow information to the gauge. The gauge takes the information from the fuel line sensor and subtracts the information from the return line sensor and tells you what your engine is actually burning.

So I found the fuse it was behind the starboard ignition switch. Any took fuse out and it was good. When I reinstalled the gauge started working? Maybe removing the fuse reset something?

Yes, that was what we were referring to to reset the system. Powering it off and then on.

Back
Top Bottom