Fuel Vent Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoid

Veteran Member
In need of a fuel vent cover that went missing. It looks like this;

Attachments

• VC1.jpg
    VC1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 59
  • VC2.jpg
    VC2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 50
  • VC3.jpg
    VC3.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 49
  • VC4.jpg
    VC4.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 52
Greetings,
Welcome aboard. That cover looks to be generic and should be available at a well stocked chandlers.

Maybe go with a slightly larger S/S one. That way it will cover all the damaged area from the old one.

Last winter, I think it was, someplace within TF, someone was talking about 3D printing these. I know it's not much to go on, but they are out there - Good luck

I’ve looked high and low for these for a couple of years now. If someone comes across a reliable source I could use a few of these myself.
I’ve looked at current offerings made from stainless steel but they all have mounting holes drilled in them. I’d prefer to 4200/5200 them on.

Trying to find the one in the attached picture too…

Attachments

• Image 2017-08-16_10-29-53-347.jpg
    Image 2017-08-16_10-29-53-347.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 30
Personally I like using screws to mount them. Then use a much less aggressive caulk in case it ever needs to come off.

There's no real need to use the same style of cover unless you want to match others on the boat or it's some sort of "classic" that you want to maintain in original condition.

West Marine and other boat retailers have stainless steel vent covers that attach with two or three small screws. Easy-peasy.

https://www.westmarine.com/search?Ntt=vent+cover

I've used this one from Ebay. It's a close match.
Clamshell.jpg

#5 post: I made one at my last haul out to replace one that was lost. Use one of the remaining ones as a mold, using glass cloth and epoxy. Came out close and at the waterline its difficult tell that they are different. Used 3m 4200 to attach.

Back
Top Bottom