Getting Older

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

O C Diver

Guru
Vessel Name
End Of The Line
Vessel Make
Trinka 10 Dinghy
Been a couple of years since I last flew. Apparently I've gotten older. I have TSA PRE, hope nobody else figures out there isn't a waiting line on this side. Before heading down to security, I remove everything from the pockets and my belt to put in my carry on. Note to self, hold your pants up for the same reason you like padded chairs now.

You know you must LOOK old when everyone in security asks, "Do you have any metal in your body" (artificial joints). After the third time I started responding, "no, all OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer). :giggle:

Ted

Ted, you are in great shape.... old is when you buy an RV to avoid all that airport hoopla and just scare the crap out of yourself driving a vehicle designed to be parked rather than zooming through the western mountain roads.

Getting old is when what you did when young was fun and now it raises your heartrate way above normal..

This morning I feel old after crawling around the engine for 4 hours yesterday. Stiff, sore, arthritis in the hands acting up.... Headed back for another round now.

I have been in the trusted traveler program since the beginning. It has always been a significantly shorter line. My actual time to clear TSA averages 10 minutes.

At most airports there are now three lines, general, Clear, TSA Pre. Wait times usually go something like General - 40 min, Clear - 20 min, TSA Pre - 10 min. If you hit a surge time all bets are off.

I have been in the trusted traveler program since the beginning. It has always been a significantly shorter line. My actual time to clear TSA averages 10 minutes.

At most airports there are now three lines, general, Clear, TSA Pre. Wait times usually go something like General - 40 min, Clear - 20 min, TSA Pre - 10 min. If you hit a surge time all bets are off.
I have Global Entry. Probably more amazing is cutting 99% of the customs line coming back from Mexico. Traveling to and from Canada with only a phone call and an app while boating was also wonderful.

Ted

I am soon 49 and already feel old :D
Wife and I are Nexus members, the best 50$/5years we can spend. Not any worry anymore about queue time anymore being to get out or in US/Canada/Mexico by air/car/boat.

L

I am soon 49 and already feel old :D
Wife and I are Nexus members, the best 50$/5years we can spend. Not any worry anymore about queue time anymore being to get out or in US/Canada/Mexico by air/car/boat.

L
I don't have any personal experience with Nexus, but I don't think the program extends to Mexico. SENTRI is the cross border program from MX into US (not reciprocal). SENTRI is part of the Trusted Traveler program and allows you to attach a vehicle to your ID so you can use a fast pass lane. My impression is Nexus is the Canadian equivalent but I really don't know.

SENTRI was golden while I was in Ensenada running to San Diego for parts. I probably made close to 100 crossings over the three years I was in the area. Tijuana is one of the world's busiest border crossings. Crossing into the US often takes 2-3 hours. With SENTRI, usually under a half hour.

Peter

I have Global Entry. Probably more amazing is cutting 99% of the customs line coming back from Mexico. Traveling to and from Canada with only a phone call and an app while boating was also wonderful.

Ted
Shhhhhh! Keep it a secret. Immigrations and customs cleared in 10 seconds. Just look at the camera and walk on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom