Good Day All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark565

I recently joined to educate myself on Trawlers. I currently have a Luhrs Sportfish, but if all goes well I'll retire in two years an want to travel the ICW. With that said I'll be looking for a 36-40' Trawler. So far the wife is loving the Trawler idea. Thank for the add. Mark

Welcome. I am rather new here myself, but not to boating. We will be basing our new to us Grand Banks 36 in Crisfield. Recommend you look at a variety of trawlers. I prefer a single engine with a bow thruster.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Trawler Forum mobile app

Greetings,
Mr. M. Thanks. Ya know, there's nothing stopping you from doing the ICW with the boat you have and know. Just a thought...
Gasser fuel usage can be mitigated by traveling at trawler speeds AND the ability to travel faster, albeit at the expense of fuel usage, may be an advantage in some cases.
NOT trying to dissuade you from changing boats but there ARE pluses in running your sportfish.

Re "where is hdg", try using the google!

If I didn't live aboard full time and didn't plan on trips longer than 6 months...there were many a day I still wish I had my 37 Silverton instead of the trawler.

Plenty of days I wish I had fished along the way and the get up and go would have been nice if I needed to cover some miles here and there for various reason

34 is a bit small depending on your wants and desires... but you might try it the first year and see what works and doesn't as RTF pointed out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom