Gull/ turn poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kpinnn

Vessel Name
Periwinkle
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 36
Got hit by Turn Droppings. In preparing for last hurricane I took my bird protection down. Now I have a deck with 90% stained by bird poop. Tried bird poop remover. Tried a product wiry a Norge ray with acid. My next step is compound. The deck was not well waxed and much oxidation. This didn’t help matters. Any thoughts before I start compounding?

I've resorted to bleach in a hot water/boat soap solution with good results. I do a thorough job of rinsing with water, then use a wax/soap combo.

Try leaving it alone for a few days/ a week in the sun unless you have already been down that road.

My wife likes wine, darn red stuff. Spills it on the deck. I've learned to mop it up of course and wash off what can be washed off. Then leave it alone and within a few days the stain is gone.

Many have tried to badger me into Mr Clean scrub pads, this concoction, and that concoction and a couple time I've had to get almost rude, LEAVE IT ALONE, T.Y.

The SUN will take care of many problems. Then wax the area.

Try hydrogen peroxide for wine or anything organic.
We have had great success with it on even white upholstery and red wine.
If the spill is large dump salt on it ant it absorbs the liquid. Brush or vacuum the salt up and follow with peroxide for any residual stain.
Truly amazing IMO. We keep a bottle handy for those emergencies.

There are few things a power washer won't remove. I prefer the $100 variety.
Fan spray pattern up close and avoid your toes! (Don't ask.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom