Heading to Puerto Vallarta Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woodlord

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
C’YA
Vessel Make
North Pacific 43 Pilot House 09
Heading down south to our other home in Mexico Leaving Tacoma Wa on August 1st is anyone else going that way if so let’s talk
Tacoma diesel did a major maintenance
Breakwater is doing new electronics and Nordlund Yacht is taking care of new shaft seal and cuttless bearing and rudder seal bottom paint and prop speed
C’ya is ready to go 43’ NP pilot house
Mexico here we come

We're heading that way, but aren't leaving Port Orchard until the end of August. If something holds you up on your timetable, we'd love to hook up and possibly buddy boat. Are you intending on heading in every night, or heading pretty much straight down, Wx permitting?

Puerto Vallarta Mexico

We will for sure if we’re still here
We plan on stopping at night unless we can find another boat or 2

Were you planning on waiting until Nov 1 to go South of Ensenada? Who do you insure with? And do they cover you for the entire trip? Also, what speed do you cruise?

We harbor hopped on the way down and had a great time. Perhaps our favorite stop was Monterey CA which we liked so much we wound up staying three weeks! The city marina is well run and right downtown so it's easy to walk to all kinds of restaurants, brew pubs, and the famous aquarium. Trader Joes is a few blocks away for easy reprovisioning. And every weekend there was some kind of festival in the town square. We also rented a car and drove down to Big Sur for lunch at Nepenthe. Really good memories of that whole area.

Slowgoesit
We are insured with United Marine Underwriters my coverage covers me half way down the Baja I will extend coverage area when we check in to Mexico and we plan to go all the way we will also be getting additional insurance coverage from Mexpro
My lender seems to be the biggest issue trying to get letter of permission from
Woodlord

Tomorrow bright and early we are leaving La Paz and will be heading up the coast to Ensenada where we will stay for the summer.

I would make your marina reservations early in Ensenada as both marinas get full in the fall. We really like Marina Coral, as it offers all the services of a 4 star hotel to slip tenants.

Around October 15th we will start the journey back south to our home in La Paz.

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun trip maybe we can run into you while we’re passing plan on being in Ensenada for about 4 or5 days between August,10 through 15 there’s no rush so the dates are adjustable
Woodlord

Agreed we like Monterey too and plan on stopping there for supplies and fuel
Woodlord

Sounds like a fun trip maybe we can run into you while we’re passing plan on being in Ensenada for about 4 or5 days between August,10 through 15 there’s no rush so the dates are adjustable
Woodlord

Ok, happy to have a Margarita in Ensenada with you and yours. If my reading is correct you have a house in PV, so you know about our hurricanes and heat, so I won't preach. We're choosing Ensenada to escape the heat and hurricanes. I am not a big fan of over 40 degree days.

Last edited:
That is excellent advice I am calling them to see if they have room for me for 3 months the weather is a concern no sense getting into a hurry when everyday is Friday
I hope to see you there thank again for the advice with out any preaching �� lol have a great Cruise Woodlord

Kevin, we have reservations in Ensenada for the whole month of October, so we'll run into you for sure. We weren't planning on leaving Esenada until 1 Nov. Who do you insure with?

Back
Top Bottom