Heat pump combo washer/dryer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand, but the one we had in our rental unit was a heat pump one - still got clogged up continually.

Ahh thanks, sorry for misunderstanding - that's a good data point then. Looking at the LG Amazon reviews it looks like some of these units have real issues.

Sounds like the tech is fundamentally sound, but the implementation is spotty. Hopefully those who have had good experiences can post the specific model they have?

Ahh thanks, sorry for misunderstanding - that's a good data point then. Looking at the LG Amazon reviews it looks like some of these units have real issues.

Sounds like the tech is fundamentally sound, but the implementation is spotty. Hopefully those who have had good experiences can post the specific model they have?
I have now had a Siemens iQ500 (sorry, European model) for five months at home and it works very well.

It takes between one and two hours to dry which might be a bit longer than others but I don't find that to be an issue. It has a 40 minute "express" setting as well but we don't tend to use it.

Clothes come out as dry as you want them as you can regulate it.

It never clogs as it has an automatic cycle to clean any lint from the condenser using the condensate water.

I think it is a game changer and in a few years we will look back and wonder why it was not developed earlier.

Here’s my opinion. I have owned the vented and non-vented washer dryer. Do I nave preference? Not really. Both are a ‘poor excuse’ but both are better than nothing or going ashore. If you dont like wrinkles I guess you need an iron. Remember it’s a boat and those are boating clothes.

I believe many here are confusing " traditional ventless" dryers and heat pump dryers. The new combo heat pump dryers cost around $ 2600.00+. The $ 1500.00 LG unit isn't a heat pump.
Heat pumps typically use around 1/3 the energy of resistance heat. The idea of a heat pump dryer is solid as long as it doesnt take forever. If you have never seen Matt Ferrell on youtube he is a great source on energy reduction tech, see link on heat pump dryers.

Hollywood

My 15 year old vented Splendide combo unit works OK. Keep loads small and keep the filter clean. If I have really big loads and no time to do more small loads I take it home or find a laundromat.

Repair of a heat pump model will be expensive and they are fairly costly to buy.

So for occasional use and with limited space I still recommend the vented Splendide combo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom