New Member from PNW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PNWPederson

Hi there! I'm a new member from the Pacific Northwest, up around the Bellingham area. I currently own a Bayliner 285, which has been fine, but my wife and I now want more room and greater comfort, so we're looking to sell the Bayliner and buy a trawler instead. We don't mind the slower pace of a trawler as we have found that getting to our destination is half the enjoyment. We have our eyes on a Grand Banks 32 or 36 at the moment because they have a timeless style. I will perusing these forums for hints and tips and posting when I'm truly stumped. I'm excited to get into the trawler world!

Hi there! I'm a new member from the Pacific Northwest, up around the Bellingham area. I currently own a Bayliner 285, which has been fine, but my wife and I now want more room and greater comfort, so we're looking to sell the Bayliner and buy a trawler instead. We don't mind the slower pace of a trawler as we have found that getting to our destination is half the enjoyment. We have our eyes on a Grand Banks 32 or 36 at the moment because they have a timeless style. I will perusing these forums for hints and tips and posting when I'm truly stumped. I'm excited to get into the trawler world!
Since you are in B'Ham, you should charter a couple different models from NW Explorations and see what you like.

Hard to beat a 36 classic. Quintessential pnw trawler.

Hello from up the street in Semiahmoo…..

Welcome Aboard, just south of you in Oak Harbor

Welcome Aboard from Friday Harbor.
the larger BLs are really quite good at providing accommodations and comfort, and when you need it, they can go a bit faster. On the other hand, there's no replacing timless style and beauty like a GB or other makes.

We loved our GB36. Wonderful boats! Depending on the year, window leaks could be an issue with wooden frames, no so much if metal. Very safe, comfortable cruisers! Access to twin lehmans can be a bit tight if you are taller. Daily visits to Dr Lehman below decks helps keep one limber and helps notice any issues before bad things happen, the 32 is a sweet couples boat with single Lehman.

Great boat choice. I Captain charters for San Juan Sailing and Anacortes Yacht Charters and they both these vessels available for charter.

We have a classic 42 for sale in Vancouver, B.C. If interested find on Yachtworld.

Welcome aboard! Did you check out the Anacortes Boat & Yacht Show a few days ago? It's a great show for getting on various trawlers and even though they might not be the exact models you're looking for, you get a good feel for things that way. Other than that, chartering one of the models your interested in from Anacortes Yacht Charters is a really good way to test them out for a week or so.

Glorious boats. The wood upkeep timewise or dollar wise is a commitment especially if you are not accustomed to it. Under cover is definitely the way to go. Just my 2 cents!

Welcome! First, I really like about any Grand Banks……until I have to get on or off. The Admiral and I are 75 and getting around is getting more challenging. Obviously by my avitar we bought a 38’ Bayliner, and have been very happy with the decision. We can cruise at 8kn or 16kn and have found that we tend to at 16. Our previous boat was a 2950 Bayliner Encounter Sunbridge that was 25kn or 6kn, and after 29 years it was time to go slower. I urge you to think about five or more years from now as part of your search.
When you get that next boat, add a set of wireless headphones aka marriage savers. Communication gets exponentially more complicated when the crew members handling lies are out of direct sight.

Welcome! I lived in Whatcom County for nearly 20 years with my boat in Squalicum Harbor. I miss those cruising grounds, I'm in Portland now. Looking forward to retirement and bringing my boat up north during the summers, but that's still a few years away...

I have a very nice’69 Grand Banks 36 Classic w/ twin Ford Lehman 120 engines in great shape,the teak decks
We’re replaced w/ new teak which is in great shape. When the deck were replaced the original black iron fuel tanks were replaced with fiberglass tanks. Thee boat has been moored undercover most o
I have a very nice ‘69 Grand Banks 36 Classic moored under cover most of its life,currently in a boathouse. Teak decks and brightwork are gorgeous, new upholstery, newer updated Garmin radar and Chart plotters @ both helms, twin Ford Lehman diesel

I have a very nice ‘69 Grand Banks 36 Classic moored under cover most of its life,currently in a boathouse. Teak decks and brightwork are gorgeous, new upholstery, newer updated Garmin radar and Chart plotters @ both helms, twin Ford Lehman 120 diesels w/ over $10k in repairs/upgrades in the last2 years. We’re in escrow on a Ocean Alexander 40 and would love to send ‘Kaizen’ to a new loving home.Call for more info and pics Moored in University Place/Tacoma
John Campbell 310-924-1575

Back
Top Bottom