Hello from WV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tddshaver4

I’m Todd Shaver and a long with my Girlfriend Pam May, we are almost 60yo and recently retired.

I am a life long boater. Mostly ski/pontoon boats but have always wanted to step up and do some real cruising. We are very excited about doing the Great American Loop. We have been doing some boat research and feel that a trawler is probably the best option for us. Now it’s just a matter of finding the right one.

We look forward to hearing from everyone on the site. Thanks

Todd and Pam

Oh, and FYI, we did it on a Grand Banks 42 Classic.
Here is a good comment from Cruisers Forum:
"hard to beat a grand banks. The 42 is a time proven boat and our family misses the one we had. Moved to a 1986 Hatteras 43 MY and the room was great - fantastic boat at the marina and on the hook, hated a following sea just too top heavy. Never once felt unsafe in the grand banks. I would subscribe to the 2-4-6 rule, sleeps two, feeds four and drinks for six."
1724102624702.png

1724102661896.png

I’m Todd Shaver and a long with my Girlfriend Pam May, we are almost 60yo and recently retired.

I am a life long boater. Mostly ski/pontoon boats but have always wanted to step up and do some real cruising. We are very excited about doing the Great American Loop. We have been doing some boat research and feel that a trawler is probably the best option for us. Now it’s just a matter of finding the right one.

Todd and Pam
Todd & Pam,
There is a petite trawler for sale in this very issue of TrawleForum.

A 28 ft. ROSBOROUGH located in Worton Creek on Maryland's Eastern Shore. I don't know a thing about this particular boat...but I know folks who have completed the Loop in a similar vessel. Asking price $31,000. The Chesapeake is a great place to familiarize yourself with a vessel this Fall and ready the boat for the AGL next spring.
Worton Creek has two marinas and is one of the most (weatherwise) secure places on the northern Chesapeake. Act fast is my suggestion!
Tight Lines!
Alan V. Cecil
M/V SIGMACHI

Attachments

• 6823.jpeg
    6823.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 10

Todd and Pam
Todd
I may have your boat. 36' Marine Trader, completely rebuilt about 15 years ago. 500 hours on the 130 hp John Deere.
Jack

Attachments

• 20240419_134121.heic
    3.3 MB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom