Hello Y'all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VAFisherBro

I'm Sam. An early 30s human.

I grew up between the Chesapeake Bay on the Patuxent River (Broomes Island/St Leonard, MD) and Blue Ridge Mountains (best of both worlds) and currently split time between the Rocky Mountains in Colorado and the Coan River in Northern Neck VA.

I am a former USCG Auxiliary member (2009-2022), and the brother of 2 USCG Officers.

I have 2 21' Boston Whalers, one on the Coan, and one on Smith Mountain Lake. I grew up operating a Wellcraft V20 with a 150 Mercury Outboard (1980s), 22' C-Hawk custom with a 120 Mercury Outboard (1990s), and a 32' Mabry Custom Bay Boat with a Mercruiser 300 diesel engine.

I am investigating purchasing a trawler of some sort to live aboard for a few months of the year, whilst working remote (I'm in the IT field). As mentioned above, I do have extensive experience navigating the bay waters and some mild overnight excursions on the mabry.

Having grown up crabbing and fishing on some of the best water in the country, my sea legs are itching to get back out on the water and find my next adventure.

By land, I have traveled all lower 48 states and Alaska. Did I mention I'm only in my early 30s... This travel was done in a 2006 Toyota Camry, so clearly size isn't necessarily the biggest issue for me.

I'm also fairly mechanical and knowledgeable in outboards, and would love to get some experience with a trawler under my belt.

Thanks for reading.

Sam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom