Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dunno about you folks, but I'm pretty excited to see some paint happening soon. :popcorn:

I dunno about you folks, but I'm pretty excited to see some paint happening soon. :popcorn:

I am pretty excited waiting to see him launch the boat and enjoying his maiden voyage.

I am pretty excited waiting to see him launch the boat and enjoying his maiden voyage.

You think we're excited... which we centrally all are... just think how excited Matt, Flic and family are getting. They can see water [err light] at the end of the tunnel!!

Monumental, inordinately wonderful, spectacular are just a few words that even come close to what Matt is making happen.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is a word from Disney's Mary Poppins movie that comes the closest I know for defining what Matt [along with Flic's unending help - in many ways!] is coming soooo close to making SPLASH!! :speed boat: :thumb: :dance: :D
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious | Disney Video

I’m going to make some rear and side enclosure curtains exactly like the below pic on my sailrite machine at home. What’s you’re thoughts on colours for the canvas? Black or beige.

IMG_0307.JPG

Black is nice. However, it gets hot as hell in summer sun. Tough choice.

Black is nice. However, it gets hot as hell in summer sun...

I wouldn’t go with black for the reason Art suggested. We have a navy blue bimini and in the summer you can feel the heat radiating from underneath. A lighter color would be my choice. It maybe a little harder to keep clean but it will be cooler temperature wise.

I wouldn’t go with black for the reason Art suggested. We have a navy blue bimini and in the summer you can feel the heat radiating from underneath. A lighter color would be my choice. It maybe a little harder to keep clean but it will be cooler temperature wise.

But not white nor turquoise.

Last edited:
What colour Boot stripe do you have in mind? You will, of course, be colour coordinating.
We have Bright blue on our boat and Sand in our winter place in Southern Cal. Both can get hot.
Choose a colour you like.

What colour Boot stripe do you have in mind? You will, of course, be colour coordinating.

We have Bright blue on our boat and Sand in our winter place in Southern Cal. Both can get hot.

Choose a colour you like.

I’m leaning toward Black boot strip and Black canvas mate. I’m not sure heat will factor in this for me based on the insulated roof and the curtains having fly screens with the ability to have the whole side rolled up and would only really come down at night to keep out the insects or rain or when we leave the boat unattended for an extended period of time to keep out ducks and other birds. The only thing I see being an issue with black is bird **** stains. There are quite a few seagulls and ducks around where SOLSTICE will be. I thought maybe beige would show it up less but I’ll probably run with my gut and go Black. Worst case if it does in fact get hot then I’ll reuse the templates and make another set out of beige or another light colour.

Last edited:

Thanks mate.

I’m leaning toward Black boot strip and Black canvas mate. I’m not sure heat will factor in this for me based on the insulated roof and the curtains having fly screens with the ability to have the whole side rolled up and would only really come down at night to keep out the insects or rain or when we leave the boat unattended for an extended period of time to keep out ducks and other birds. The only thing I see being an issue with black is bird **** stains. There are quite a few seagulls and ducks around where SOLSTICE will be. I thought maybe beige would show it up less but I’ll probably run with my gut and go Black. Worst case if it does in fact get hot then I’ll reuse the templates and make another set out of beige or another light colour.

Matt me mate - You are plenty logical! Go with your gut... been doing you well throughout the birth of SOLSTICE!

Hi mr H
I say go with the black look much better
And fir the heat there is a certain beduin tribe that were black in the desert and they survive. So go with your plan

White boot stripe so you can see when the hull is dirty.
Curtains, your choice. Personally, not black nor turquoise
LOL Turquoise makes me want to throw up.

Last edited:
Well ya better get over to the rail Old Dan cause here comes a Tollycraft.

White boot stripe so you can see when the hull is dirty.
Curtains, your choice. Personally, not black nor turquoise
LOL Turquoise makes me want to throw up.

Dan - Get the B-Bag!

Attachments

• 4 - CAT.JPG
    4 - CAT.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 2A - CAT.JPG
    2A - CAT.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 56
Think about what you will have around,like cushions or things like that, colour should be nicely fit together. Beyond that it is more a personal matter. We have navy blue bimini and curtains, but I also appreciate something more punchy.

L

OMG - Matt- Please... Say that is not true!

Hahaha could help myself

You deserve a spanking and I am sure, your wife will love to give it to you.
Go out back and get a switch and I dont mead a baby switch!!!

My canvas can be installed on either the inside or outside of the windows.
To remove from the inside, it takes about 30 seconds as you warm up the engine then cast off the dock lines.

Back
Top Bottom