Is there a site showing power boat details

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobH

Guru
Vessel Name
Encore
Vessel Make
Whitby 42
Just sold the sail boat and planing to move to the dark side. For sail boats there is sailboatdata.com which lists details and layouts for most sailboats, at least the one we were interested in.
Is the a similar site for power boats?
Thanks,
Bob

Congrats, and if I may make a minor correction, welcome to the "Light Side"!

There is this publication: https://www.powerboatguide.com/ When we bought our current boat their specs and description for our model year were very helpful.
This McKnew guide is indeed the best guide out there, but it's not even close to complete. A quick scan of the table of contents shows the GB42 isn't there, nor Helmsman, kk42, and worst of all, no Willards. I'm sure there there are other omissions.

So the best guide going gets a C rating in my opinion

Peter

Greetings,
McKnew only goes back about 20 years so if you're interested in a boat that is older (pre-2003) you will have to order the appropriate edition. They ARE available on Amazon. Eg: 1980 vessel? Pre-2000 edition.

I have an electronic version from about 2015 that goes back into the 80s at least. I haven’t had a hard copy of it for many years.

Maybe more than I want to spend at the moment, but thanks.

You found it here at Trawler Forum. Someone in the group owns the boat you are considering and will gladly share information.

pete

Alas, I haven't been able to find a comparable comparison. Yacht Survey.com has some excellent reviews as does Powerboat Guide.com (Blog Index). Boat U.S. used to have some really good reviews for both sail and powerboats but, they took them down. Soundings.com also has some pretty good reviews.

Last edited:
Motor Yachts and Trawlers Directory

For older boats (1975 - 1995), there is the McKnew / Parker Consumer's Guide to Motor Yachts and Trawlers. The directory includes 350 boats. I found my copy on Amazon.

The only book I can find on Amazon is Family & Express Cruisers 1975-1996. Looking more at trawler type boats. At $17.95 I might just give it a try.

BobH: I just searched Amazon.com (Books) for McKnew / Parker, and found a used copy of the MotorYachts/Trawlers book for under $5.00.

BobH, welcome to the "dark" side, we have cookies.

Back
Top Bottom