Lehman 135 specialty tool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

O C Diver

Guru
Vessel Name
Slow Hand
Vessel Make
Cherubini Independence 45
Have a friend with a Ford Lehman 135 that probably needs a special tool. On the injector pump there are fittings that are screwed into the injector pump. The individual injector lines are screwed into these fittings. Don't know if it's a ratchet socket or more likely a style of tubing wrench that fits these splined fittings.

My friend has a call into American Diesel to see if they know where the wrench can be bought. Was curious if anyone on the forum had acquired one.

Ted

Greetings,
Mr. OC. One of these?

iu

or these?

iu

Actually, I did see on a Leman sales site that they sell what's called an injector line wrench. It is specifically made to fit on the injector line fittings. I need one myself, as a regular crescent wrench will not fit such that you can turn it to tighten the fitting. Using a regular wrench, you can tighten it to a certain point but not as tight as needed. As a result you get a leak at the fitting. I looked on a couple of sites lately and couldn't find it. If anyone knows where to get one, please post a link here as I need one as well.

Is it this socket? I had to use it to remove the tubing adapters that screw into the injector pump when I replaced the crush washers.
The tool and the washer/o-ring kit came from France but arrived surprisingly quick.

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 13
Greetings,
Mr. OC. One of these?

iu

or these?

iu

Mr Rt, the wrench in the top picture would be the tube wrench for the nut on the injector tubing. While I'm not positive, I believe the splines more resemble what the socket is for in post #4. But I'm not sure, other than it doesn't have wrench flat surfaces.

Ted

Ted, look at the sticky at the top of the Power Systems section, it describes the whole process of leak repair with pics and a source for that socket.

Look at the Minimec seal leak sticky.

Last edited:
Ted, look at the sticky at the top of the Power Systems section, it describes the whole process of leak repair with pics and a source for that socket.

Look at the Minimec seal leak sticky.

Thanks!

Is there a difference between the fittings on the pumps on a 120 and 135?

Ted

Thanks!

Is there a difference between the fittings on the pumps on a 120 and 135?

Ted

Don't think it's so much the engine as the fuel pump, but can't say for sure. My guess is no difference.

I would measure the diameter of the nut and if the splines looked similar (there may be a teeth count, don't know)if ordering one, it will probably work.

Last edited:
There is a website in France called autodiesel13.com/en that supplied rebuilt kits for the Minnimec pumps and a part # for a socket that deals with the injector lines (part# ED4022). One of the wrenches in post #5 should probably work for the head-side of the lines.

Have a friend with a Ford Lehman 135 that probably needs a special tool. On the injector pump there are fittings that are screwed into the injector pump. The individual injector lines are screwed into these fittings. Don't know if it's a ratchet socket or more likely a style of tubing wrench that fits these splined fittings.

My friend has a call into American Diesel to see if they know where the wrench can be bought. Was curious if anyone on the forum had acquired one.

Ted
Be careful. I am not specifically familiar with the FL pumps, but the "Robert Bosch" (German) pumps have a serrated fitting that the lines attach to at the pump. Those are calibration fittings and if they are disturbed you throw the pump calibration off.

Ted

Did they get an answer from AD?

Me, I'd keep calling Brian at American Diesel.

He doesn't seem to answer emails, so the only way is to keep calling or stop by the office in VA.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom