• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Looking for boat PNW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earrame

Veteran Member
Hello all, we are looking for a loved boat to spend the next couple of seasons exploring the PNW up to SE AK. I should point out that we were doing this exact same thing in early 2020 and were in Seattle boat shopping when COVID hit and we had to run home to Australia. It's now time to pick up where we left off.
We are not set on a particular design but have looked at couple of Bayliners ( 3788/3988) which are in our price range and we think would suit us, but are certainly open to others. Main thing is that the boat is capable of the trip, is in good condition, well maintained, not too old, probably 35-40 ft...
If you have something suitable and available by early new year or so, please get in touch. Thanks.

We will be putting our boat on the market in probably February, 2024. Not sure what ther parameters are that you're looking for. Our boat is a 1987 Monk 42 trawler with twin Cummins 8.9L engines. I believe she'll be listed for $90,000. We have lived aboard her for seven years and completed America' Great Loop aboard her.

Thanks for reply. Where is the boat? If it is in the PNW would be happy to talk about it.

We are moored in Olympia, Washington. And there was a typo in my original reply - the engines are Cummins 5.9L (6BT5.9M), not 8.9L.

We have a 1985 Performance Trawler located in Portland Oregon that is for sale. She has twin Ford Lehman 225 diesel turbo engines and is 42 ft.

She has been a good vessel for us.

We have a 1985 Performance Trawler located in Portland Oregon that is for sale. She has twin Ford Lehman 225 diesel turbo engines and is 42 ft.

She has been a good vessel for us.
Thx for getting in touch. Is she listed anywhere? Or, can you give me more details?

Thx, we are certainly open to Canadian boats.
We have a 1977 Hatteras 42 LRC, in Vancouver BC Canada that we will be putting up for sale, both engines fully rebuilt. Lmk if interested

I have a 37 foot trawler 40’ LOA with low sipping diesels , 2 state rooms, 200 gallons of water and lots of storage. Well built trawler for 99k

Mainship 34 Trawler

Hello
We are planning on selling our 2007 Mainship 34 trawler. It has a single Yanmar 340HP diesel engine, 9KW genset, watermaker and Kabola heating system. Gets very efficient fuel economy with the single diesel, has about 1,300 hrs on it.
Will be asking $240K CDN when we list.

Looking for Boat PNW

Hello,
We will be selling "Liberty", our 1981 PT-38 Europa Trawler we have owned since 2000. We are the fourth owners. The second owners did the Alaska trip.
"Liberty" is moored in Seattle on the Ship Canal.
She has a very reliable Ford Lehman 120hp, plus both bow and stern thrusters.
Over our 23 years we have made many upgrades. New electrical layout, radar, chart plotters, depth sounders, radios, plumbing, bimini, fly bridge configuration and more.
Double berth forward, second cabin with bunks, head with a bathtub (really!), lots of storage space.
We never did the Alaska trip, but did several trips up north to Desolation and beyond, Princess Louisa and other trips.
She is well maintained and always in covered moorage.
Just hauled in June for bottom paint, plus an out of water survey for our insurer, with no problems to speak of.
Not "on the market" as yet, but available and probably priced at $62,500.
Marty Oppenheimer
marty@oppcam.com
Mobile 206-321-1234

We are selling our much-loved 1973 Grand Banks 42 in Vancouver. In great shape and for sale for $118,500 CAN. View on Yachtworld for pictures.

Congratulations Earrame! I have an Albin 31 Tournament Express and hope to be following you in a couple of years. It’s a large 31 … should be completely adequate for two people. Anyway, I was just checking mine over the weekend and noticed a near duplicate to mine for sale. These are uncommon, and uncommonly available … lI had to ship mine up from Florida. It is listed at: PortGardnerYachts.net. This boat looks to be in very good condition. Happy boating to you!

A whole lot of choices!

Wow - great response. A lot of variety too!

My EBM dock buddies Jim and Kim are getting ready to sell their 1993 Bayliner 4388 with enclosed flybridge, bow thruster, and dinghy with new engine. I believe 1800-1900 hours on main engines. Seems like it would be a good AK boat.

Jim will join soon enough and pile on - But here is the story. This is a good boat owned by lovely honest people whose life situation changed. They just finished chasing down a topside leak (You know all older boats leak, right?!) and are having trouble getting up to Seattle to replace the headliner. I know they are trying to do a top notch job and wanted to fix it up before they listed it, but life got in the way. LMN if this is a model you are pursuing and if you want me to put you in contact. Nothing in it for me 'cept a burger and a beer if I find them a buyer.

We are selling our much-loved 1973 Grand Banks 42 in Vancouver. In great shape and for sale for $118,500 CAN. View on Yachtworld for pictures.

Dirk, she looks gorgeous but we are not wooden boat owners . Someone will get a lovely boat though.Thanks, Clive

Hello
We are planning on selling our 2007 Mainship 34 trawler. It has a single Yanmar 340HP diesel engine, 9KW genset, watermaker and Kabola heating system. Gets very efficient fuel economy with the single diesel, has about 1,300 hrs on it.

Thanks for getting in touch but significantly beyond our budget at the moment.

We will soon be selling our 1983 Californian 42 LRC located Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island. Haven't settled on an asking price yet but it will be below $80,000.

Numerous upgrades and improvements by us and the PO.

Interested

Hello

Sent you a pm.

Hi Earrame
Wow, lots of response to your inquiry, that's great.
We're considering selling our 1977 Roughwater 41, based in Anacortes, Wa inside on the hard. She's a single screw pilothouse that's been repowered with a Pekins 235hp turbo.
All new electronics and the boat has been totally gone through over the last three years. We did 1,000 nm in her two summers ago with zero problems. Just did new bottom paint and she's ready to go again. If your interested message me and I can send you all the particulars.
Happy hunting!
Paul

Grand Banks in Friday Harbor

I have a 1969 36' Grand Banks (named "Providence") for sale located in Friday Harbor Marina on San Juan Island, WA. It's an unusual situation on a boat that is in great shape with twin diesels that run well. Last week, the owners agreed to donate it to the non-profit organization I run (SAFE San Juans) if we are able to arrange a sale by the end of the year. So... we are trying to sell it. The owners are 80, and cruising is something they can't do anymore.

There is a 2022 survey, and the donors accomplished all of the major work suggested. Service records are available (mostly accomplished in Friday Harbor and at Roche Harbor), and I think the service techs/mechanics are accessible for conversation if needed. It also has a new Highfield rigid inflatable with motor for a dinghy. According to the Port of Friday Harbor, there is winter dock space at the marina, so it can be kept there until May if needed.

The value after the work and dinghy is estimated at somewhere between $55K - $60K. We realize we are headed into winter, and we need to sell it by December 20. That being said, we are very flexible with pricing, and don't expect the sale price to be anywhere close to that number.

I attached two photos to show what it looks like. I'm happy to supply more. If you are interested in Providence, you can reply to this post.
Thanks.
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. Yes, we are still selling. I listed her for $25,000 USD on Wednesday and have the third showing today. We are a non profit that the boat was donated to, so we've listed her far below assessed value in order to get a quick sale by year end. I found the input on pricing from people on Trawler Forum very helpful.
Good luck on the sale. I've found ithe process very interesting

Dave, I'm pretty sure Mako was asking about the Hatteras 42 LRC he referenced in his post, not your GB-36.:whistling:
Now if the Hatters 42 LRC is available for $25k, I'll write the check today!:dance::D

Got a link? I find Yachtworld increasingly difficult for the public to navigate, but I will try.

Like to know more

We will soon be selling our 1983 Californian 42 LRC located Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island. Haven't settled on an asking price yet but it will be below $80,000.

Numerous upgrades and improvements by us and the PO.

Would love to hear more about your boat.
Thanks

Good morning. The Grand Banks is still for sale, and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about it.

Hello all, we are looking for a loved boat to spend the next couple of seasons exploring the PNW up to SE AK. I should point out that we were doing this exact same thing in early 2020 and were in Seattle boat shopping when COVID hit and we had to run home to Australia. It's now time to pick up where we left off.
We are not set on a particular design but have looked at couple of Bayliners ( 3788/3988) which are in our price range and we think would suit us, but are certainly open to others. Main thing is that the boat is capable of the trip, is in good condition, well maintained, not too old, probably 35-40 ft...
If you have something suitable and available by early new year or so, please get in touch. Thanks.

My 37 sunbridge trawler with low sipping diesels and two state rooms is still available in Anacortes if you have any interest?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom