Mainship 34 Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uboatcdr

Has anyone ever taken an Mainship 34 Trawler to AK or around Vancouver Island. Being 14.3” wide good beam I would think it could be done easy watching the weather of course. Any thoughts?

"Being 14.3” wide good beam I would think it could be done easy watching the weather of course. "

In rough water wide beam does translate to seaworthy or sea kindly.

In following seas of 3-4 feet our boat got squirrelly to handle at 10 knots. Not sure if reducing trim tabs would help as some therorize wide square beam is the issue. Only on first year of inland waters but otherwise appears very capable per se.

In following seas of 3-4 feet our boat got squirrelly to handle at 10 knots. Not sure if reducing trim tabs would help as some therorize wide square beam is the issue. Only on first year of inland waters but otherwise appears very capable per se.

Most boats with a square transom are like tahat to some extent.

The Mainship 34T with its wide beam to length ratio, is a little more affected by a following sea than others. I could hand steer all of the way back to Long Beach from Catalina but it was a workout.

An autopilot with gyro feature stabilized the ride in a following sea and kept it down to 10 degree course variation.

I don't think the wide beam would make it any more or less seaworthy than others.

David

Back
Top Bottom