Mnsp 390 Bow Thruster Solenoid Removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Byekurman

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Seawood
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
2003, 390 Bow thruster question. How is the solenoid removed? It appears there is a bracket that is attached to the bottom of the motor. I think the screws that attach to the solenoid to this bracket come through this bracket that is positioned against the motor housing thus making it impossible to remove the screws without removing the bracket first. Has anyone had experience with removing this solenoid controller? I've taken several pictures and cannot tell. Thanks, once again, for your assistance! 20230609_134337.jpg20230609_134729.jpg

Sorry I can’t help but rest assured that it will be whatever the most difficult way is…

I think removing the motor will be the best solution. Then I can blow out the carbon, check brushes, and install the solenoid easier.

It looks like a SidePower. We just replaced the solenoid on our SE130/250T. I assume you have seen the video on trouble shooting;

[COLOR=#1155CC !important][FONT=&quot]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk9z8XxJjOU[/FONT][/COLOR]

You have to slide the solenoid out of the bracket and this give you just enough room to undo the bolts with a long extension. Make sure it is the solenoid, I have a spare for sale if you want. Ours ended up being the thermal switch, much cheaper but just as difficult to replace, ended up getting a mechanic who took two hours but definitely worth it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom