New(?) Anti-corrosive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billblack

Vessel Name
Sampson
Vessel Make
1987 trawler by Freeport Shipbuilding, Freeport Florida
A young man that has worked with us for the last two treasure diving seasons is in Navy ROTC and came back from his summer cruise aboard a Navy vessel telling me about a line of corrosion control products from a company (Valkyrie Enterprises) that sells it under the Ship 2 Shore label that are being used by the US Navy. There are several different products in this lineup . The two products that our guy saw being used were "Sailor Putty" and S2S CPC 500. They can b applied over rust and are said to completely stop the rusting process.
Has anyone used these products? If so, how has it performed?
We are presently refurbing an 85' trawler built in 1987 (picture below) and have more than one place that a product that does what these products are claimed to do would be a godsend.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Sampson Starboard.jpg

Wow, you do like big projects don't you, lol.

The Navy knows rust so I would imagine if they are using something it likely works. A cousin of mine, now retired, was a engineer that specialized in rust. He spent lots of time trying to help the Navy's submarines not rust.

Wow, you do like big projects don't you, lol.
Yes, I do, but in my defense I have been building up to this for a while. The last one was a 38 Bertram sportfish. 5 years after I finished that one, I had forgotten just how much 'fun' was to be had in a project like this, so here we are.
The GOOD news is that Sampson was built out of Corten so there is not as much corrosion as there could be. :) but yes... it is like refurbishing a 5 bedroom house that rusts...

Showdown - 38' Bertram treasure dive boat
Showdown Ft P.jpg

There are a bunch of rust converters on the market. The oil industry has been using them for decades. The one I use works pretty well. It is called Exrend.

work, we have local made similar .he penetrate form rust paint and go under paint .
this use only for stop spreading rust. preparation for painting
price is 6-10€ liter .but is really miracle , base is phosphorus acid + another complex chemical.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom