New Couple from Tennessee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piper5314

Thanks for letting us in. We are Marty and Cathy located in West Tennessee. We are still in the wishing stage and want to upgrade to a Trawler in the near future. Currently, we are riding a 32' Tri-Toon Tracker Party Cruiser Pontoon Boat, with a cabin. We have been looking at Trawlers and Houseboats for years, but in the near future, we plan on selling our farm, and buying a Trawler to explore the rivers and waterways. Eventually tackling the loop is on our list.

My problem is every time I find the perfect boat, the dang thing is $500k, Lol.

You guys have so much fun, and we want to be part of it.

Welcome. We’re up the Tennessee River from you. Good luck in finding a boat.

Welcome. Have family in Savannah Tn. Got up on a wakeboard on the lake last summer. At 66 years old if I may add.:dance:

Piper, welcome and I suggest you look at the American Tugs, maybe 34ft. Has a 3.5 draft. I call it 4ft after I added all the necessary things, stores and spare parts, for a couple.
The used market is scarce and if you dont abuse them, the resale will hold up good.
Look them up on the net and it will give you the lay out. They are way over on the ‘left’ coast. There are used boats on the east coast. You will have to move quickly when you find one. They sell fast.

There are, literally, millions of boats out there for less than a half a million. Just go find one.

Welcome Aboard!

pete

Welcome!

If your taste is in the $500K range then I'm afraid I can't help much. But if you want a more modest trawler style you can lop one zero off that and do OK. With $80-$100K to spend you can almost achieve perfection.

The traditional style trawler is perfect for brown water cruising, with the occasional open water crossing. Like what you'd need for the loop. We did the Down East Loop and we're still hoping to do the Great Loop. We were almost ready to go when Covid hit. Now we're trying to get back to it. Maybe next year.

Welcome. Have family in Savannah Tn. Got up on a wakeboard on the lake last summer. At 66 years old if I may add.:dance:

LOL 60 years old? You are a puppy compared my age of 80.
Assuming I live long enough, I guess I will swallow the anchor at 82.

Welcome Aboard !

Unfortunately, trawlers are expensive. Ours cost more than our last house. I quess that's why we live aboard full-time.

Don’t spend 500k, I have a 1985 Marinette 39 that I can make you very happy for 40k. I bought it to do the loop. Then came the pandemic and 4 yrs later you can say that ship sailed.

1986 38" Marine Trader Sundeck

I have a Marine Trader Sundeck that my wife and I are putting up for sale this summer. We are asking $ 80,000 for it. It has two staterooms, salon, galley, two heads, a large sundeck and fly bridge. I was going to post it in the For Sale section but I need to go back and get some additional information. It is currently in Cheboygan, MI. I have more details and pictures if you would like to PM me I will send them to you. I have been boating for 30+ years and now want to see what is beyond the marinas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom