New member from PNW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joefairbanks

Vessel Make
C-Dory
Quick introduction. I am really intrigued and interested in getting a Trawler for exploration and camping opportunities in the area I live- Washington State. I live on the Olympic Peninsula and would love to spend time exploring the San Juans, Puget Sound and Strait of Juan De Fuca. I have had boats on and off throughout my life, but nothing larger than 22 foot. As I get closer to retirement, I like the idea of making the journey the destination. I think that a trawler in the 30-38 foot size range would suit our needs perfectly.
-Ken

Welcome aboard. Best advice I can give is get on boats - not just armchair. Most boat owners LOVE talking about their boats - go to a public marina, walk the docks and look and ask. Boat shows are great - though they usually favor new ($$$) boats.. Good luck

Thanks everyone for the replies! Yes, I would love to get on more boats but it seems that most marina's now have locked gates that won't let you in without a membership/slip. I used to love walking the docks when I was younger but that is tougher these days. I guess it's a sign of the times and societal changes.
I have been to a few boat shows and it's great fun, but they do try to push new boats- obviously.
I have been reading a lot of forum posts and watching videos quite a bit.
One that really has my interest is the Camano 31. I hope to get a chance to see one in person some day. There are some for sale but I don't want to be a tire(hull?)-kicker until I'm closer to actual purchase.

Welcome. You are in one of the best cruising grounds in the world (and you can do it year round). Good luck in your search.

Back
Top Bottom