New Refrigerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, we're ready!

Put in a tray of ice cubes before I left yesterday, frozen solid when I arrived today. I know, no big surprise eh?
But it was because the old funky absorption fridge used to take 2 days to freeze water - :)

And the house was still at 13.2 volts running 2 fridges with no charger. Sweet!

Was down in the engine room cleaning up lots of snips and snails from the battery work and installed a 12 volt relay to activate the PD charger via the "energize" output on the argodiode. The PD will not run w/o DC on the output which I found out last visit when I powered it and nothing happened. Made a jumper and as soon as I hit the output of the PD with the current limited "energize" it turned on and ran fine. Pretty cool. It's plugged in to the same outlet as the Xantrex lead-acid charger is on and controlled by a breaker on the main panel. If I flip the breaker, the start batts get charged and nothing else happens. I wired the relay to the same switch that combines the 2 start banks, a momentary toggle. So If I hit the toggle after I turn on the charger, both chargers will run. Kinda cool and also isolates the PD charger from the rest of the system.

Left it running when I left the boat today. More news tomorrow when I go back and have a look see.

Not going to have any problems with ice cream;

53951002115_cf0ae812f4_o.jpg

Hard as a rock - :)

Back
Top Bottom