New to the Trawler world.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jean Mondeau

Hello there. My name is Jean Mondeau. I’m not new to the Sailing community, (almost 40 years sailing) but I am new to the Trawler community. I have a 1987 Lien Hwa 50 footer. That’s the same thing as a marine trader. I also have a You Tube page under my name Jean Mondeau) for those of you that want to follow. I don't monetize it. It’s for friends and family. It’s public.

I enjoy watching other trawler channels. Glad to join the group and see what this has to offer. I’m currently in Baja California (La Paz) but want to end up in the PNW Washington by next July. Thanks to all for your helpful advice. Jean.

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 59
Welcome aboard and I will take a look at your channel. Happy sailing.

Hello there. My name is Jean Mondeau. I’m not new to the Sailing community, (almost 40 years sailing) but I am new to the Trawler community. I have a 1987 Lien Hwa 50 footer. That’s the same thing as a marine trader. I also have a You Tube page under my name Jean Mondeau) for those of you that want to follow. I don't monetize it. It’s for friends and family. It’s public.

I enjoy watching other trawler channels. Glad to join the group and see what this has to offer. I’m currently in Baja California (La Paz) but want to end up in the PNW Washington by next July. Thanks to all for your helpful advice. Jean.
I saw your tour of your boat nice.
I'm about to purchase a defever 51.
So I'll be on here alot more.
Good luck

Just saw your boat, looks great. Roughly same length as mine, but you have so much more space available, even a stand up engine room, wish I had that. For me it is a crawling around and when you get older that is not so easy anymore.

I'm new also, good to see someone else willing to try something different.

Just saw your boat, looks great. Roughly same length as mine, but you have so much more space available, even a stand up engine room, wish I had that. For me it is a crawling around and when you get older that is not so easy anymore.
I can’t crawl much myself anymore. I do love a walk in engine room. I’ve never seen another 50 foot boat with so much room in it as this one.

Welcome aboard.
We live in San Carlos, across the Gulfo de California aka Sea of Cortez, but boat June through October in PNW.
Love youtu.be and will check out your channel.

Thought about starting a YouTube channel myself, but feel like I will need to learn a new skill set, namely editing video. Would love to get GoPro cams, drones, and break out my Nikon DSLRs but it does sound like work.

I think documenting where we are going and sharing with friends and family sounds easier. How long have you done this? 40 years sailing tells me we must be close in age.

Enjoy Mexico and the Sea of Cortez while you can. Many in PNW dream of going there. I may bring my boat South in the future, but for now, we will keep enjoying the San Juan's, the Gulf Islands and Broughtons.

Best wishes to you and glad to have you participating on TF.
1000007769.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. Yes I’m 67 oldie. And as far as editing, I do everything on my I phone. If the video is 1/2 hour long (rarely) that’s all I spent on it editing. It’s extremely easy. I have a go pro and hardly use it. And I do spend a lot of summers in the PNW. It’s gorgeous up there. Let’s hope our wakes cross here. Call anytime for questions. Cheers (559) 871-3858. Jean.

You too. Will be back briefly between Thanksgiving and then for a few months after Christmas. Let me know if you cruise South. I will let you know if we visit Rocky Point.

DJ
256-303-0389

Thanks for the kind words. Yes I’m 67 oldie. And as far as editing, I do everything on my I phone. If the video is 1/2 hour long (rarely) that’s all I spent on it editing. It’s extremely easy. I have a go pro and hardly use it. And I do spend a lot of summers in the PNW. It’s gorgeous up there. Let’s hope our wakes cross here. Call anytime for questions. Cheers (559) 871-3858. Jean.
Hi Jean, welcome I’m a newbie to trawler life also. I’ve been debating on the You tube idea as well. My daughter is driving me crazy wanting to do a channel also. If you’re using your phone check out the dji osimo 6. It’s pretty amazing for solo video creation. It makes the phone follow you and takes the shaking out. Pretty crazy how well it works. I’ll check you out on there!

Cheers
Mike

Back
Top Bottom