Raritan Elegance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larman

Vessel Name
Livin The Dream
Vessel Make
Sea Ray
Hello I finally got round to installing my Raritan elegance toilet. Water is in the bowl but it will not flush when I engage the switch? I can clearly hear the pump working but it does not flush? Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Sounds like the discharge hose is plugged.

when you turn it on does the water seem to want to pump down?

I have had mine not pump twice. Once was a cracked impeller and the other was a clogged line.

1st firing this thing up. After letting sit for 1/2 an hour tried again this time it flushed. Filled bowl again and it won’t flush but I am getting a whilrlpool in the bowl?

The first thing I would do is run a snake through the discharge hose to make sure it is not clogged.

1st firing this thing up. After letting sit for 1/2 an hour tried again this time it flushed. Filled bowl again and it won’t flush but I am getting a whilrlpool in the bowl?

sounds like a clog/full tank

Hello I finally got round to installing my Raritan elegance toilet. Water is in the bowl but it will not flush when I engage the switch? I can clearly hear the pump working but it does not flush? Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Once when I was doing maintenance on our electric toilet, I had disconnected the discharge hose and it sat "open" (actually with a rag stopper) for a couple days while I got distracted on another project.

The discharge hose acquired a solid blockage. No water would pass through, couldn't get a snake through. I came to believe what had happened was that a residual build-up of uric crystals had simply solidified into granite.

You may have something similar, with just enough of a trickle-thru available so that it might occasionally flush... a little.

I used Trac's Sew Clean to clear the blockage; worked like a champ.

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom