Raymarine radar help !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SIBERNUT

Guru
I had a 2k dome on Phelps. Had a chance at a 4k dome for $50. (Yeah , I know but for 50 i get better target definition not range )
Now dumba** figures Raymarine/Raymarine, same plugs , same top load dome, etc. My 2 E120's do not recognize it. WTH, both domes are white, lettering the same............?

Your post is a bit confusing to me but it's possible the E120's just need a software upgrade to recognize the dome. You'll have to dig way back into Raymarines software archive and then find a card to upload the software onto.

I would find the model number on the new one and check with Raymarine to see if it is supported on the E120 and if it is what software do you need.

TKS ! As you can tell, electronics not my forte. I'll call Ray, but assuming a software update how do I get it into the E120's ? No port to use.

Ok, got semi-smart. So I use the Navionics slot ? Guess I need a blank Navionics card, but how to go from PC to it ?

No!!! Don't put the update on your Navionics card! You download the software update file from Raymarine to your computer then copy the file from your computer to a BLANK 32MB CF card. Insert the card into the MFD when its off and follow the prompt to update your unit.

Edit: I see where you said you need to insert the update in the Navionics card slot and you'll need a blank Navionics card. My mistake. You have it correct. Just know that you'll need to open the downloaded update as far as you can open it and copy the opened files to the card.

What is the exact model number of the 2k unit and what is the exact model number of the 4K unit. I am asking for the number listed on the data tag not what is written on the dome.

GEEZ, I WON'T !
Thanks. I have a card from places I'll never go & was going to use it. Of course, I don't have a slot on my PC for one.......

Tilt, where is this tag if not the one on the outside ?

Uh , used units rarely come with manuals. And how would I find them if not the model/sno off the dome?

the serial # is on a white sticker on the transceiver under the dome.

Let me flesh this out a little. I have 3 E120's and plan to use one up & one down. I have converted them to LED's. One of the 3 activates the 4kw dome and returns signals. Two do not. The one that does has a partial bad screen (figures). Therefore the dome seems ok, prob the 2 heads need to be upgraded. Yes?

Tried all 3 heads. One connects other 2 do not so cable & dome ok.
Replaced CFL's with LED backlight, known E120 problem.

Don't want to pay 50+$ for an update card. Apparently there are issues with SD cards doing a download & install. I was going to use a Navionics card to do it,

I would get a new chip and download the latest version and then stick the chip in the MFD and follow the directions. It has been a long time since I had E120s but I think that it will update all of the components.

New chip = $55
Since one of them does activate radar im gonna let a guy smarter than me look at it 1st. Can always buy new chip
Tks though

Back
Top Bottom