Rental Trawlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canoeky

Hello! I know this question has been asked before but I thought I would try again to update the answers.

My wife and I both hold US Coast Guard 100 Ton Master Licenses, operating a tour boat in Frankfort Kentucky. We are in the planning stages of becoming great loopers in our near retirement in the next few years, and wanted to take an opportunity to try a little bit of time on a trawler before we started looking to purchase one.

Does anybody know of any places in the Eastern US that might rent these style votes for a 5 to 7-day experience? I'm open to any suggestions and appreciate any help.

And if any of our boating friends are on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, check us out at:
www.bourbonboat.com

We would love to share our river, and some bourbon, with you!

Usually called chartering (vs renting), with captained or bareboat options.

-Chris

There is a place near Tampa, maybe. Something like Southwest Florida Charters. Try google.

Chitwood charters in Sarasota is another.

Oxford Yachts on the Chesapeake Bay lists a Grand Banks 42 for charter. Classic trawler-type boat.

I'll put in a plug to consider a charter in a different region, too, such as Great Lakes or Pacific Northwest. It will increase your options for boats available, and potentially be a unique trip you wouldn't do on the AGL.

IMO something in the 36-42 foot range is perfect for 2 people but there are also folks who do the Loop as couples on much smaller boats (e.g. Ranger Tug 27-31s).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom