Sanding teak trim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could someone explain in detail (picture) how to protect the gelcoat from the heat gun. I imagine the side of a piece of trim that is 90 degrees perpendicular to the fiberglass ?
thank you

Could someone explain in detail (picture) how to protect the gelcoat from the heat gun. I imagine the side of a piece of trim that is 90 degrees perpendicular to the fiberglass ?
thank you

The varnish will bubble before the gelcoat. You dont need to "burn" the varnish. As soon as it softens it will come off. Keep the gun moving. Once you get the hang of it you have the gun in your left hand and a good scraper in your right hand and just move along. This scraper really makes life easy for me.
https://www.amazon.com/Bahco-650-Pr...L70c6pVZRnIULjOYy1MjxfaTA_Kwdbm8aAnQOEALw_wcB

Greetings,
I much prefer hooked scrapers. Replacement blades are cheap AND more importantly, they can be easily sharpened with a file. Carbide scrapers, while sharp and long lasting initially, cannot be readily sharpened. A sharp scraper is a happy scraper.
As mentioned, a corner can be rounded to minimize surrounding damage.
Can you describe a hooked scraper? Picture maybe? I've never heard this term before. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom