Shore Power Breaker Mainship 43

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BSwindale

Vessel Name
Hula Loop
Vessel Make
Mainship 43
I recently acquired this 2007 Mainship 43. Once I operated the shore power breaker at the transom, it failed to reconnect one of the poles. I borrowed the breaker from the bow connection to restore power, but would like to replace them both. Does anyone have any insight on where I might obtain a couple of these? Searching Marine Electrical sites has come up empty. This is a 3 pole, 50 amp breaker on a weather-protected mount. See the photo attached.
Or is this just a standard breaker attached to the mounting plate?

Thanks,

Attachments

• Shore Power Breaker Resized.jpg
    Shore Power Breaker Resized.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
The panel was probably made by the boat builder. Try to find a breaker with the same dimensions as the current one. Try Blue Seas.

Check Del city. They have a good selection. I’m very pleased with them. May have to open up the box see what is inside.

Flip the unit over so the other side is visible-take and post a photo. Also look at the side of the breaker for a label describing the breaker's characteristics.

CharlieJ,
The more I look at it I do think this is a standard type breaker. I have attached 3 additional photos. I do not have access to the boat at this time to measure mounting hole spacing. I believe a Blue Sea 7287 will do the trick if the mounting holes line up.

Attachments

• Shore Power Breaker Resized-2.jpg
    Shore Power Breaker Resized-2.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Shore Power Breaker Resized-3.jpg
    Shore Power Breaker Resized-3.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 36
  • Shore Power Breaker Resized-4.jpg
    Shore Power Breaker Resized-4.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 24
Pull the front plate off and you can match up the breaker. 2 hots and a neutral. 3 pack 50 amp breaker.

Thats the one from my 2008 34T/HT dual 30A 120V inlet

If the front plate of the 50A 240Vis usable no reason you cant buy the replacement breakers and be back in business.

Thats the one from my 2008 34T/HT dual 30A 120V inlet

If the front plate of the 50A 240Vis usable no reason you cant buy the replacement breakers and be back in business.
I do believe that is the way to go. When I get back to the boat in October, I'll check the mounting and go from there.

Thank you all for the insight.

Here (best guess) is your part from the MS part photos

Photo #1002415

Attachments

• 1002415.jpg
    1002415.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 27
Brian
Is your faceplate reusable or are you looking to replace it?
It is reuseable, just a little worn looking and faded. If they want too much for the complete unit, I'll just replace the breaker.

I have that same breaker setup on our 1997 Mainship 350. I found the breaker I needed at paneltronics.com. The part number was 206-083S. Yours may be different, but they likely have it. Someone on the Boat Electrical Systems Facebook page pointed me to that company.

Everybody who replaces their shore power breaker should be replacing them with an ELCI, the current ABYC recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom