Side Power SE 130 Thruster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Datenight

Guru
Vessel Name
Datenight
Vessel Make
North Pacific 45
Hello all,
Our Side Power SE 130 failed as we pulled out of the slip for a two week cruise. We did fine with judicious use of throttle and rudder.

I found a great video by Imtra on YouTube. It took me step by step through the trouble shooting process. The final result is that I have a bad thermo/over temp cut out switch. None seem to be available near the Cape Cod Canal.

Does anyone know if this is an off the shelf part or one exclusive to Side Power? My manual says to use the serial number when ordering from them. Here it is 191567 if this helps. It is a 24 volt unit.

I know I can get one from Fisheries just hoped to find one on this side of the country. A equivalent is fine as well.
Thanks,

Rob

Did you talk to Imtra? When I had a Sidepower thruster their response was excellent.

If you are judicious with your thruster usage, you could jumper around the thermo switch until you can find a replacement.

Did you talk to Imtra? When I had a Sidepower thruster their response was excellent.

I will be calling them first thing tomorrow.

Thanks Comodave

Rob

If you are judicious with your thruster usage, you could jumper around the thermo switch until you can find a replacement.

Thanks Charlie, the jumper is already in place!

Rob

Had the exact same problem, excellent utube to diagnose. We ended up purchasing thermo switch from IMTRA direct, $100+ but small cost in the overall scheme, I keep saying that but small things keep adding up!
Couldn't for the life of me figure out how to replace after taking off the thruster cover. Ended up hiring a mechanic who consulted an electrician on where it was located, took him two hours and he was covered in carbon by then end. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom