Throttle Stiffness/Glendinning Synchronizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBS

Vessel Name
Tiger Paw
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
I've got a dual helm twin engine setup with separate dual teleflex shifters and throttles and a glendinning engine synchronizer. My port throttle lever(s) are significantly stiffer to operate than the starboard throttle(s). My port throttle is connected through the synchronizer as it's the "slave" engine. After some troubleshooting....visual inspection, disconnecting linkages and lubricating cables, it appears that the extra friction/stiffness is due to the synchronizer itself. The synchronizer works fine; the stiffness I observe is obviously during normal throttle operation with the synchronizer "off".

My question is.....due to the extra connections/cable and the mechanical action of the synchronizer, is this normal?

I plan on contacting glendinning with my question, but am hoping for some feedback from those with a similar setup.

Thanks,
Brian

We have the same setup on our 430 Mainship. It feels just like yours. If you go below and watch the throttles while someone operates them you will see why.

I have the same setup. There is no difference in stiffness between the throttles.

Back
Top Bottom