Time for Lithium House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One thing to consider, I have had drop in lifepo4 with and without bluetooth. IMO bluetooth is a must.
****edit** As a matter of fact bluetooth and an on/off switch somewhere.
The reason for that is these batteries have a ton of electronics inside. They also have many parameters for shut down and protection modes and they also occasionally malfunction. Troubleshooting is SOO much easier with bluetooth. You can see if charge and discharge mosfets are on or off, if there are any codes or warnings etc and sometimes cycling power resolves things. And lastly, with no on/off button the basic batteries can "go to sleep" and must be woken up by either applying a charge or a load. And sometimes that may not work due to various conditions.

Last edited:
I wish my batteries talked to each other. Now ending the 3rd season with them, each of the BMSs is going a good job. This is where a good BMS also comes in. What I mean is, that all 4 batteries when I Bluetooth into them are 1 to 2% of SOC of each other.

One thing to consider, I have had drop in lifepo4 with and without bluetooth. IMO bluetooth is a must.
****edit** As a matter of fact bluetooth and an on/off switch somewhere.
The reason for that is these batteries have a tone of electronics inside. They also have many parameters for shut down and protection modes and they also occasionally malfunction. Troubleshooting is SOO much easier with bluetooth. You can see if charge and discharge mosfets are on or off, if there are any codes or warnings etc and sometimes cycling power resolves things. And lastly, with no on/off button the basic batteries can "go to sleep" and must be woken up by either applying a charge or a load. And sometimes that may not work due to various conditions.

This really depends on the software and hardware of the BMS. So this is important in the buying process. I would try to get a battery with the best BMS that I could. Which is not a easy task in researching.

Back
Top Bottom