Tool for removing rudder post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

albinalaska

Vessel Name
Sea Gypsy
Vessel Make
1979 Albin Trawler 36'
i’m looking for some assistance on tools or techniques for removing a couple of bronze rudder ports on our vessel.

other than just a vague sense that after 40+ years they should be serviced and rather significant oxidation id like to clean; they functioned on our 750 NM trip home fine.

i’ve already dropped the rudders and removed the base mounts for the posts from the lazarette as well as some other hardware on the steering ram for cleaning and restoration, but there remains some sort of base i’m not familiar with and some style of rudder post housing i can’t quite verify yet either.

does anyone know what style of rudder posts these are? they have zerg fittings but extensive googling hasn’t come up with a satisfying resolution for branding and subsequent service manuals.

if my assumption that they can be pulled out is correct is there any type of tool that i may need or tactics to employ for getting it out? or things to be careful about or watch for?

appreciate any info, insight, or ideas! grateful for this community of knowledgers!

kyle

Attachments

• IMG_3038.jpeg
    IMG_3038.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3037.jpeg
    IMG_3037.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3120.jpeg
    IMG_3120.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3143.jpeg