Your thought folks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeClutter

I have searched and haven't found one on the Forum so I thought I would start one. What is your best modification to your boat, whether it be engine, cosmetic, fishing related, it doesn't matter. Let me know please

Thanks

Most of my work so far has been fixing, replacing, repairing and upgrading stuff so far.

But I did install this folding table for grillin' and doing fish.

52405374766_b126b46c35_z.jpg

Greetings,
Mr./Ms. D. Welcome aboard. We have a 23' Penn Yan sport fish that originally came with an ice box for a fridge. Ice would only last for just over a day, or so. About 3 years ago we added a solar panel and 2-way (12v/110v) fridge. Now we can stay out for days without danger of food spoilage or battery drain. Nope. Not a trawler but we DO cruise with her.

When we were looking for our current boat my wife didn’t want our Formula since it has very narrow side decks and a walk through windshield. She is fairly unstable and somewhat tipsy at times. So I told her that if we got the boat I would install bow and stern thrusters so she would not have to go on the bow to handle dock lines. We bought the boat and over the first winter I installed the thrusters. We keep permanent bow dock lines attached to the bow cleats and lead them back to the stern spring cleats. When we are docking she stands by the stern and when we get to the dock she steps off the stern with the stern line and secures it and then walks forward to the bow line and takes it off the stern spring cleat and walks it forward and ties it off on the dock. Best thing we have added to this boat.

Welcome to the forum. I've done a bunch of things to the boat. A few of them are actually improvements. Here are two of the best:
  • Timer for the fuel transfer pump. I had a bad habit of turning on the fuel transfer pump to move fuel from one tank to another but then getting distracted and forgetting about it. Fortunately, I was always caught it before I started spilling fuel out of the vent of an overfull tank. I added a timer relay to the circuit so that the pump only runs for 10 minutes which transfers about 20 gallons. FWIW, this "upgrade" was met with profuse (and warranted) disdain and ridicule from the TF brain trust. However, I still stand by it as one of my best modifications. Silly "upgrade" thread
  • Aerator for holding tank. This wasn't my idea but I used great ideas from @Bacchus, @HeadMistress, and others. I added a bait tank aerator to the holding tank which eliminated any odors. DIY Holding Tank aerator.
In general though, ignore most any suggestions I make. Others have much more knowledge and expertise.

By far, easy answer - got rid of the Norcold marine fridge that was never cold, and replaced it with a high efficiency LG residential fridge with an inverter.

I'll have some fun with this.

I installed a high end home BBQ

Attachments

• IMG_5018.jpeg
    IMG_5018.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4285.jpeg
    IMG_4285.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4284.jpeg
    IMG_4284.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 3