Waeco RPD -1190E refrigerator thermostat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lsquared

Vessel Name
Ocean Symphony
Vessel Make
Hardin 42 SE
My thermostat has died and I am trying to find a replacement. The part number on the thermostat is K59-L1211. The fridge has a DanFoss BD50F compressor with a 101N0510 control board.

I have reached out to both Waeco and Dometic with no success. I have not been able to locate the thermostat online and perhaps they are no longer available - fridge was made in 2007.

Surely there must be compatible thermostats for the BD50F compressor. Anyone have any recommendations as to a thermostat that would be compatible?

Thanks

Lance

Attachments

• IMG_1336.jpeg
    IMG_1336.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 17
Searched online? My quick search indicated they could be available from Ebay, and elsewhere.

Last edited:
Thanks for that - I was aware of the info you supplied - what I have not been able to determine is whether whatever is out there is compatible with what I have - I don’t want to fry a control board because the thermostat is not compatible.

Most times, that type of thermostat is simply an on/ off switch. Contacts close and the compressor runs.

Well one would think that - i sourced a K59-1102 that advertised itself as being universal - tried it - started the compressor (barely), ran for 4 seconds and **** down. Jumpered the pins and the compressor starts and runs continuously, so. Not all thermostats are created equal or compatible is my conclusion.

Secop distributor told me the info they got from Waeco was there are no compatible thermostats - may be SOL for the sake of a $30 thermostat unless some electrical guru can offer an alternative solution - i have ni issues switching to electronic thermostat if need be.

Thanks for that - would be great to hear from someone who has done the switchover successfully. I agree with u how hard should it be - well I can tell you - it is hard to find the info for a solution and I have several suppliers who can also vouch for this - so come on u electro gizmo guys - lets hear about a tried and true solution!

It has been discussed in a different thread already. This year I think. Maybe last year. Do a little searching of the forum and you'll find it. One member did indeed use a similar controller to the one I linked and it worked very well.
His wasn't packaged as nice, if I remember correctly, but functioned the same.
Simply put wires from the cooling output relay to the pins on the compressor controller and adjust the setpoint. Doesn't get much simpler.

Thanks - i have been looking at other forums that discuss the Inkbird and it seems it would work - for the price it is worth a try.

I replaced the mechanical thermostat on our Novacool freezer with an Inkbird electronic thermostat from Amazon. It's a no-brainer! Be sure to order the 12Vdc model as there is also a 120Vac model. (I originally ordered the wrong one!).

Thanks - I did end up with the Inkbird and it works just fine. I see they say the have an AC/DC style - I only run on DC so got the DC model although my unit is AC/DC.

Back
Top Bottom