Wanted boat with specific needs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilbertpark

Vessel Name
Let's Go
Vessel Make
Mitchell 28
A friend of mine needs help finding the right boat.

He would like a Grand Banks or the like but they don't make one small enough.

His spec is as follows LOA about 42 feet, built 2020 onwards (includes new), preferably IPS drives, 2 heads, 2 staterooms, saloon with two sofas.

Flybridge not essential

Any thoughts or suggestions

LOA of 42 means a 39’ boat. It is next to impossible to stuff 2 heads and 2 state rooms in that little of space. You will need to look for an aft cabin model and even with that you will need to settle for a v-berth and a wet head.

My knowledge of boats with IPS is limited to Rivera’s and I haven’t seen them build anything that small in an aft configuration.

Beneteau Swift Trawler 35 has two staterooms but only one head. Two settees? Probably have something resembling IPS - just a matter of money.

Let's face it - not many sub-40' boats being built these days. Slim pickings.

Peter
1727309232841.png

The Beneteau ST 42 has 2 "compact" shower/ heads, immediately adjacent. Not IPS.
? it has a cored hull. I`d query the wisdom of IPS, that`s not the question, so I won`t.

His spec is as follows LOA about 42 feet, built 2020 onwards (includes new), preferably IPS drives, 2 heads, 2 staterooms, saloon with two sofas.

For comparison: Our last boat was a "42" -- convertible format (i.e., with flybridge) and about 46' LOA counting pulpit and swim platform. Two staterooms, master queen in the bow, half-queen up against three bulkheads in the guest. One head, accessible from master and companionway. One separate (and good) shower, accessible from both staterooms. One sofa in the saloon (and we replaced that with separate recliners). Decent small galley, 4-person dinette. Wasn't an IPS boat, so engines were further forward than would be possible with pods.

Or a 40'-ish aft-cabin design might get closer to the goal... at least with two heads/showers... even if the forward is wet. (Yuck.)

UK location. UK boat? Princess? Fairline? Sunseeker? Et cetera? Or one of the Italian builds? (Can't say as I like the exterior styling on any of those, and don't really love our current either...)

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom