Water Hose from Dock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Water Hose

Many marinas prohibit a direct connection to a boat. I found the best hose is a heavy duty 5/8" rubber hose. I use mine for washing and filling my water tank. Note: Be sure to purge the standing water from the hose before filling your tank.

If you are going to fill the water tanks make sure the hose is food grade. They are smooth on the inside so they don’t trap bacteria. And as said above give them a good flush before using the water.

Many marinas prohibit a direct connection to a boat. I found the best hose is a heavy duty 5/8" rubber hose. I use mine for washing and filling my water tank. Note: Be sure to purge the standing water from the hose before filling your tank.

Not sure which marinas prohibit direct connections.

Every single marina I have been to out of maybe hundreds of marinas along the US East Coast allow it.

Granted it may be a regional thing, so I can understand where fresh water is scarce....that would make sense.

We refill water tanks with good old SydneyWater supply which has tested as good if not better than bottled so called "spring" water. We use a garden hose kept on a roller hose storage frame, kept onboard. Reckon it`s clean inside by now. We don`t drink it (I would, comfortably, if we had nothing else), as we use said SydneyWater to refill 10L plastic containers at home.
Recent reports here are plastic water bottles/containers deposit nano particles into the water, which are not good for you. Oh well, as my GP says"something has got to get you".

Go to the RV store and buy the white hose that is used specifically for drinking water.

These get stiff and sticky very quickly. Also, they get dirty and sticky, and then stiff. There must be a better hose around.

Back
Top Bottom