Water pressure tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sndog

Is it possible to use a thermal expansion tank as an accumulator tank? I was think of using the following:

It is two gallons, but was looking at using 3 of them in my system.

Thank you in advance

You want one for drinking water. There is a difference in the construction of the internals. 1 is normally sufficient.

Yes, I found the Watts units to work extremely well with several different sizes available. The pictured one is a PLT-20 which gives over 2 gallons of water between pump cycles. Also used the smallest size for water heater expansion.

20201005_172830.jpg

Picture was during the installation process.

Ted

I used a pair of the Pro Water Parts tanks in my system. A 5.5 gallon after the pump as a pressure tank and a 2 gallon on the hot water side as an expansion tank. It's worked well and I get somewhere around 1.2 gallons between pump cycles.

That’s what I used on my 49. But why do you need 3?
I want one on the water side for the specific reason of protection of the system, as there is a 200k BTU tankless water heater. One is for the pex manifolds that feed midship to aft, the other is to be near the pex manifolds for the midship to bow. They are all connected, but have about 25 to 30 ft between the two, so just to help make the water flow a tad smoother. Though adding another one after the water filter system for the drinking water and ice makers water supplies is a good idea, though I think a smaller one would suffice for that.

I want one on the water side for the specific reason of protection of the system, as there is a 200k BTU tankless water heater. One is for the pex manifolds that feed midship to aft, the other is to be near the pex manifolds for the midship to bow. They are all connected, but have about 25 to 30 ft between the two, so just to help make the water flow a tad smoother. Though adding another one after the water filter system for the drinking water and ice makers water supplies is a good idea, though I think a smaller one would suffice for that.
There's no need for one after the filters (and in my mind, less stuff after the filters is better). The filters should flow well enough that it's a non-issue if they're sized adequately.

Back
Top Bottom