Weaver pad repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crossroads

Vessel Name
Crossroads
Vessel Make
North Pacific 34
We're a couple of weeks into our two months summer cruise. I noticed today that one of two Weaver pads is about 40% separated from the AB dingy tube. I don't have any of the glue originally used about six years ago.

Is there any reason that I should not use 3M 5200 for the repair?

No one yet?
I suggest you phone or email Weaver and ask them. If their glue is best then ask them if anyone stocking the glue is close to where you are. Chandlery, ship yard or boat repair shops. Any places selling inflatable dinghies.

The wrong stuff could interfere with the proper stuff's application.
In the meantime tie the dinghy securely in place.

Agree on contacting Weaver. I would not use 5200 since if it doesn’t hold you will play hell getting the 5200 off.

Good advice all. As it turns out, a friend passing thru Campbell River picked up a Weaver glue kit for me. Now to find a place not "in high humidity, in the rain, direct sun or near the water" to make the repair. Maybe I'll ship the whole mess to Arizona at night:)

1000000877.jpg

Here's my dingy repair field office. I managed two or three of Weavers environmental constraints.

I put the first layer on and set a 15 minute timer on my phone to let the adhesive get tacky. My wife emerged from the cabin to relate the details of her just completed 40 minute phone call with her sister. "I just got off the phone with Ann and"....BBRRRINNNGGGG! the alarm went off.

"I gotta go"
"How did you do that?" she asked suspiciously.

We both laughed til we were teary and I almost missed the tack window.

There is the germ of the next great app. An alarm triggered by telepathic command.

Back
Top Bottom