What is this? (Picture)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and convoluted ..... I'm not sure who's boat we are talking about and where are they docking it?

Go back to the initial post: See picture and see question: What boat is this?
Somehow it got convoluted, you are correct. ;)

Greetings,
Mr. LN. Your post #76..."If anybody needs dock rental, I got 40’ available," Illegally I presume? You know. Wink, wink...

Mr. L_t. I see your

giphy.webp

And raise you...

giphy.webp

Greetings,
Mr. LN. Your post #76..."If anybody needs dock rental, I got 40’ available," Illegally I presume? You know. Wink, wink...

Again: I am not renting my dock. (It is empty except for my boats,)

I was responding to the dude who said he had the same rights as me. No you don’t..

Reverse it: If I was renting a dock in violation of the local code, would I challenge a neighbor dock owner about rights,..:rolleyes:
No.

forgive the confused look on my face but I am confused.

I own 2 slips in this marina and can rent them to whomever has the money.

If I had a house with a dock behind the house, why cant I rent it t whomever I want?

You can, but you may be in violation of municipal zoning codes.
Not really enforced around here, but code is only a phone call away: Tenant boats better lay low in the terrain and not claim rights they don’t have.

I own 2 slips in this marina and can rent them to whomever has the money.
Yup, marinas may have different rules, go for it, all good.

Re: post #97. I think this is Tuesday night but it is a full moon.

You sure....?

Don`t involve Carnival. You could end up with a massive cruise ship instead of the present 40-50ft one.

WHY do people do that to their boats? They could have given it away. If boat have souls, the boat's soul is broken.

Uniflite. Good boats that do blister (blister years), but suffer an even worse reputation because of it. Unfortunately, once they degrade, it’s hard to sell them, justify keeping up with time and the damn blisters and reputation are just always there making everything worse.

Away though of doing a salty dog or pup restore for a fun toy. No time. No space.

I think it's a Marine Trader 45 built after 1987. They changed the bow flare then and made the boat look more sleek. That's my guess and the winner is?

Looks like it could also be a 1987 Goldenstar.

Could also be Nova 47 Cockpit Motoryatch. (Had one, not fan, had perkins engines and was very top heavy)...livaboard at the dock great boat, room, break wood work.

It was towed in @ 11PM 2 months ago.
Never moved, or been worked on since.
On its last legs as far as looks and lack of maintenance.
Good brand, good bones or a POS Taiwan junkie?

Looks like a Jefferson 47cpmy , late 1980's. I had a 42 sundeck and it is remarkably similar.

Almost identical to my Kha Shing aft cabin 50. A Taiwan made, mid 80's model. Could be the Kha Shing, or Lein Wha, or other various names using the same hull outfitted by a boat company du jour.

I think that yacht may be a Heritage Sundeck MY with a cockpit. The 44' is very similar. I could not find anything bigger than the 44 Heritage and I could not find anything from Heritage with a cockpit. The Heritage was built in Taiwan by Nova Marine.

If you can find the boat's hull number, a Coast Guard HIN search may give you some information for documented boats, at least the year. The first 3 HIN characters are the Manufactures Identification Code (MIC) and you may be able to look up the manufacturer.

It also looks like a Jefferson. We chartered one in the Virgin Islands years ago. It had 3208 cats and was a very comfortable boat.

it's a 44' heritage, likely a 1986 or 87. there is one for sale in ft. myers for 40k but needs a ton of work. this is another one that needs help but if your just retiring and want a great liveaboard home and want to put in the funds and hardwork they are well made boats.

'Lo All, Ref posts relating to legality of renting slips. Here on Pitts Bayou, off St. Andrews Bay / Panama City, FL. On our side of the bayou, it is zoned residential and one cannot legally rent a slip. On the other side of the bayou it is zoned (?light?) Commercial and private property owners can rent slips. I had built the dock for our old sailboat (6.5' draft) as I couldn't find any place else with sufficient draft. We were renting a house down the street. Before building our home here, we lived in New Jersey. A guy called and asked if he could rent the slip, and I said no, but I would rent him the property which had a small building on it. That went on for about a year as I recall before someone complained and I received a very nice letter from the city informing me that I could not rent the property to a live-aboard. If he was living on the property, it would have been OK. We didn't press the issue as the boat was about to leave anyway. There are liveaboards across the bayou still today in a marina.

Looks lika meridian or bay liner if so a chop guper gun boat

Looks nothing like those you mentioned. It is either a Nova(tec) of a Heritage East.

Back
Top Bottom