What parts would be needed for a long trip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iggy

Guru
Vessel Make
Pacific Trawler 40
Trying to list what parts would be good to have other than the common ones. As in filters, belts, hoses and impellers.

More so for a Yanmar 6LY engine and a 6K northern lights genset.

For the genset I do have the mixing elbow
For the Yanmar a thermostat.

Is this a far offshore "long trip" or a long coastal cruise with possibility of assistance, tow to reasonable sized port and decent package delivery?

It depends on the definition of a long trip. Some think a thousand miles is long, others would say ten thousand. I tended to view it in hours of engine time. Annually I did close to a thousand hours per year. Obviously I would carry everything to complete required book maintenance during the time period.

In addition, I had:

Starter
Alternator
Fuel pump
All fuel filters
Raw water pump
" " " impellers
All anodes
Fresh water pump
Belt tensioner
All idler pulleys
Serpentine belt
Thermostats and gaskets
Radiator cap
Antifreeze change
Any specialized engine hoses
Rescue tape

The tools and manuals to install the above.

Ted

Trying to list what parts would be good to have other than the common ones. As in filters, belts, hoses and impellers.

More so for a Yanmar 6LY engine and a 6K northern lights genset.

For the genset I do have the mixing elbow
For the Yanmar a thermostat.

How far will you ever be from an Amazon delivery point, or from a FedEx/UPS delivery location?

What systems on the boat are approaching obsolescence? Or what parts, if any, are already scarce in the supply chain?

-Chris

How far will you ever be from an Amazon delivery point, or from a FedEx/UPS delivery location?

What systems on the boat are approaching obsolescence? Or what parts, if any, are already scarce in the supply chain?

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom