Where do you even start ( boat trasport)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Peter, can you recommend a transport truck company to bring a boat from San Francisco Bay to Anacortes WA? We have a captain if we chose to go that route, but just buying the boat so do not know it that well. Your advise would be appreciated. Thank you.
What size boat? I used to recommend Joule but have heard lackluster reviews so I have no special knowledge and cannot make a recommendation. Tiltrider just made a recommendation - he's a very helpful and knowledgeable contributor here on TF. I'd start with his recommendation and see if others have some input. Trucking seems a bit murky - runs the gamut between good and awful. EDIT - two more people gave the trucker a thumbs up.

Keep us posted.

Peter

Last edited:
Does the boat in question have a flybridge? If so and you truck it the flybridge will most likely have to come off. And that is a huge can of worms. A friend had his bridge off for trucking and he had multiple leaks and electrical issues that took him several years to resolve. My advice is if you get a flybridge boat run it on its bottom or send the same people to the boat to remove the bridge that will be reinstalling the bridge. And verify that they use some permanent markings on everything they remove so it can be reassembled properly. It will cost more upfront but will be cheaper in the long run.

Does the boat in question have a flybridge? If so and you truck it the flybridge will most likely have to come off. And that is a huge can of worms. A friend had his bridge off for trucking and he had multiple leaks and electrical issues that took him several years to resolve. My advice is if you get a flybridge boat run it on its bottom or send the same people to the boat to remove the bridge that will be reinstalling the bridge. And verify that they use some permanent markings on everything they remove so it can be reassembled properly. It will cost more upfront but will be cheaper in the long run.
Or you could do what a friend did when he had his Roughwater 37 trucked from Anacortes to San Diego - removed the fly bridge and didn't replace it. I think the boat looks great without the FB. I'm told Monk originally drew the boat without FB but it was added by the builder for marketing purposes.

Peter

Attachments

• IMG_20240803_171109.jpg
    IMG_20240803_171109.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 12
I used Dudley Boat Transport to move a 40' Sailboat from LA to Tacoma and WA very happy with them. I've know others that were equally happy. However, I'm not sure they are still in business. They were based out of Tacoma.

Dudley Boat Transport had a good name back in the 90’s. I had forgotten about them. They were based out of Gig Harbor area. For some reason I think they retired but worth a search.

Back
Top Bottom